Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Marketplace Wish List

Pat
Pro
API Scripter
As a user I want the ability to identify marketplace items (token sets, map sets, adventure modules, etc) that I want to purchase at a later date so that I don't lose track of the ones I want to buy. I often find myself following a twitter or facebook link to a new marketplace offering, thinking I can use that in some upcoming session, and then promptly forgetting about it. Then, when session prep time arrives, I spend 2 hours searching the web and settling for something that is not nearly as good as what hte market place had.
Gold
Forum Champion
Wishlist would be a great start on usability improvements for the Marketplace. +1 (I'm out of votes but when I get more votes I'll come back)
Wish list and shopping cart. Its kinda silly to have to purchase each pack as a separate transaction.

Edited 1416978018
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
There isn't a shopping cart? +1 for wishlist(waiting on a vote...)
Nope. No shopping cart. Unless I have missed something. everything is handled as a separate transaction.
+1. No shopping cart also limit your purchasing. As a european, I get charged a minimum of 1 € for each transaction in $. I would buy a lot more things if I could regroup my puchases in a single, bigger transaction.
Total +1 from me, and I do have some votes left!
+1

Edited 1435304285
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
I would love to see something akin to an Amazon wishlist feature added to the Roll20 market place. I suggest the ability to: add items to a wishlist be able to write a short comment for each item on the wishlist (indicating priorities, or whatever. If comments seem too freeform and abusable, then a high/medium/low priority flagging at minimum ) allow others to view the wishlist OR keep the list private (privacy toggle) allow others to buy items via the wishlist to gift to the wishlist's owner I believe the work expended on this function would see massive paybacks around December holidays time, and it gives players a new way to express appreciation for GMs.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Vince said: There isn't a shopping cart? +1 for wishlist(waiting on a vote...) Finally got my vote to use.

Edited 1430695012
Gold
Forum Champion
GenKitty has added some clever ideas on her post, above: useful enhancements for the Marketplace Wish List suggestion. My +1 vote here is also supporting her ideas to go with the Wish List, such as allowing gifting (let other people buy items on your wish list).
Also posting to mention that my +1 stands behind Genkitty's version of the suggestion: not the more limited OP, as it would change the marketplace to a far more useable format and also finish another suggestion that I have a vote in for: marketplace art gifting.
+1 from me. I sincerely hope this will be implemented and soon.
+1 And also, gifting "gift cards" - store credit they can use for not just account subscription, but marketplace transactions would seem to be a logical addition.
+1 for GenKitty's direction
+1 GenKitty
+1 for Wishlist and Cart
+1 for wishlist, cart, and gifting or gift cards.  Christmas is coming!  56 days to be exact....  4 paydays if you're paid every 14 days...
+1 for carts! The fact that there is no cart is crazy, I will not buy ANY marketplace items until there is one. I refuse to go through buying one item at a time!
Aye a wishlist would be extremely handy, while browsing the market for a specific token or whatever I regularly see things I will likely want down the road, but would be a complete waste of money if my campaign heads in a different direction. Being able to wishlist these tokens and maps would save a lot of time later, and when items are on sale (the store does have sales on holidays and stuff right?) being able to easily see what on my wish list is worth picking up at the sale price would be even more advantageous.
Wishlist (with option of been public visible so my players know what I want to have [for them]) and a cart!
+1 for wishlist, cart, and ability to gift!
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
+1 for a wishlist
Vanderforge
Marketplace Creator
Great idea! You have my upvote!
+1 for a wishlist as well. It would also be nice to purchase things as a gift for other users (helpful in supporting a DM who you really enjoy).
With the addition of official D&D modules, this feature is needed more than ever. 
I need that. There is several packages I might need in the future or several that look similar. So I'd like to 'bookmark' them in a wishlist or something for later buying or for comparing and selecting one lateron. 
Gold said: GenKitty has added some clever ideas on her post, above: useful enhancements for the Marketplace Wish List suggestion. My +1 vote here is also supporting her ideas to go with the Wish List, such as allowing gifting (let other people buy items on your wish list). Still not possible, assuming from the fairly recent post regarding it, and it's pretty jaw-dropping. Roll20 essentially focuses on selling stuff to a astonishingly small number of it's total users - the relatively few ones that are active, engaged GM:s with disposable income. If you as a player could buy and gift items to your GM:s, anyone with disposable income could give assets to their favourite people. I as an adult with an income could gift assets to my college GM, for example. I'm still so confused by the lack of such a basic, sales-multiplying option missing. It defies all logic. What could possibly be the rationale behind not making this possible? Because at this point, I feel that it has to be a deliberate decision.
+1 for GenKitty's idea
GenKitty said: I would love to see something akin to an Amazon wishlist feature added to the Roll20 market place. I suggest the ability to: add items to a wishlist be able to write a short comment for each item on the wishlist (indicating priorities, or whatever. If comments seem too freeform and abusable, then a high/medium/low priority flagging at minimum ) allow others to view the wishlist OR keep the list private (privacy toggle) allow others to buy items via the wishlist to gift to the wishlist's owner I believe the work expended on this function would see massive paybacks around December holidays time, and it gives players a new way to express appreciation for GMs. Wishlist. Good idea. Workaround: Create a folder in your browser favorites "Roll20 Favs" (or whatever) and then drag and drop the product page into it. 
Vote +1 - More buying multiple items than the wishlist side, but wishlist could also be useful!
+1 overall, but another +1 for GenKitty's direction
With the holiday season it would have been awesome to have this where your mates could purchase stuff from your wish list for you.  
Although looking at the fact that this was posted two years ago I am guessing this is not a priority lol. 

Edited 1485394532
+1 for this :)
Scott K. said: +1 for carts! The fact that there is no cart is crazy, I will not buy ANY marketplace items until there is one. I refuse to go through buying one item at a time! I'll still buy stuff, but a shopping cart would indeed be helpful :) You know... shopping frenzy on Roll20 Marketplace!

Edited 1485447138
Greg
Pro
This would be so helpful.  Just to add a set to a wishlist or bin for future checkout.  I spend a bit of time browsing sets and always find something interesting but don't always have the $ or need for a set right then.  If I could just set it aside a set and come right back to it when I'm ready to purchase it would eliminate searching again and save some time and frustration. I also do not think this should be part of a massive update or roll out.  In fact to spend a suggestion on this seems silly.  Its shopping people this a function every online retailer on earth has.  I'd rather give my suggestions to revamped fog of war ect... sure y'all get the idea rant over and cheers.
I'd love to see a wish list in the Marketplace as well.  My players have been offering to buy new content for our campaign.  And although I don't require my players to buy me things, it would be nice to to have the option for them to contribute to the game content if they wish to.  DM John Bartoli
Everything GenKitty bulleted is what I was going to post....glad I did a search first. My comments on each: +1 Wishlist: The Marketplace is becoming so extensive now (congrats!) that we really need a Wishlist. +1 Reviews: Marketplace reviews of purchased content AND reviews of content developers/authors will help the "shoppers", as well as help the developers/authors improve their content. +1 Gifting: The ability to gift users with Marketplace content will increase Marketplace sales, which increases content developer income AND the bottom line for Roll20 (which really baffles me that this hasn't already been implemented). Of course it really helps out the GMs, and also promotes running games. +1 Wishlist Visibility: It's already been stated how this helps with the gifting. DM Quicksilver
Man why is this 2 years old, it's a great idea. I've got a bunch of tiles that I really like for map-making but it's a pain finding them all again when I have the money. +1
Hoping to bump this up with the new Market Coordinator
Not sure if this is the same thing, but what I'd like is to be able to "follow" authors I like so I know when new stuff comes out.  I like to use consistent tile and token sets and there about a half dozen I draw from.  I routinely click on their names in the marketplace and filter to new, but it could be easier.  Thanks!
I agree ! I vote for this. +1
Really really would like such a feature. Far to often do i find something that i might find use for later, but will likely forget exists or how to find it by the time I actually need it +1
As my collection grows I'd like to be able to group my purchases by author.  Many creators don't use consistent naming for tile or token sets, and hunting for something I bought but don't remember the name of is getting to be a pain.  I'd like to group it by the author so I can find it faster.  Of course, even better would be to be able to make my own folders and put whatever I want in them, similar to the "my library" feature.  If I can already do this, please point me to how! 
Over the last year the amount of Marketplace content we've had has increased rapidly. More publishers (big and small) submitting more and more content. As such, we are currently working towards an overhaul of Marketplace organization that will include this functionality.
Great news! Thanks Nolan!!
John B
Pro
Sheet Author
Be nice if repackaged steam like bundles could be offered. During slower months could then package items for special sales. Often a creator has art that repeats but may have a small piece in that pack that would work well with another pack but rebuying all the copied art isn't worth it at full price. I would think steam like sales could be a big boost to all.
absolutly +1
Awesome. +1

Edited 1511962537
Nolan T. J. said: Over the last year the amount of Marketplace content we've had has increased rapidly. More publishers (big and small) submitting more and more content. As such, we are currently working towards an overhaul of Marketplace organization that will include this functionality. Brilliant; but I feel iffy seeing as how this is being part of an OverHaul and not some others that I've taken notice. This relates to MarketPlace which = Money. I see some suggestions that are *older* seem more valuable to all users (Not just "Money" related) with more votes that aren't suggestive by the development team to be a part of this overhaul. (This quote is from 2 months ago. We got a suggestion that is only 4 months old and already almost !300 Votes!     Solution: Pick a 2 -month-old section with 150 Votes . (No offense. Stating the facts out of my concern...); I hope Roll20 isn't prioritizing money over Popularity ... But aside from that. +1