Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

New GM: Attributes&Abilities tab goes blank

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious as a new user here, and couldn't find anything about it in the forums. I have set up a campaign using AD&D 1e character sheet, although I don't think this is relevant as the same issue happens without. I create some characters on the journal page to represent the players and add some values to the character sheet tab. I go to the Attributes&Abilities tab and see the fields I've filled in, and I can edit and/or add/edit/delete an Ability. I return to the character at a later stage and the Attributes&Abilities is blank and remains blank (at least until I log on and off again). Note that the attributes are passed through to the tokens correctly (eg. for updating bars) and to macros, and an ability added to as a token action works as expected, it's just the pages that are blank. Windows 7 64 bit Internet Explorer 11 Both up to date with updates
1417028197
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Kevin, Internet Explorer isn't a supported Roll20 browser. I'd strongly suggest using the site with either Chrome or Firefox.
Thanks - the version of FF I have to keep on my machine isn't supported either (3.5.3!).
1417091068
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Kevin P. said: Thanks - the version of FF I have to keep on my machine isn't supported either (3.5.3!). Why are you required to keep an outdated browser on your computer? If it is because of administrator rights then seeking out the person authorized to update it and explain that updating the browse tends to lead to more secure and stable browser. If it is because you are using an older machine (older than windows xp) then there are sites that can show you work around to get it updated.
For other (work) applications that only work reliably with old versions of FF. And there are issues with running multiple versions of FF sometimes. And don't mention Chrome - horrid, horrid browser.
1417119821
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Have you tried Opera? Many people are using it also and have report good success with it.
Not for a long time! I've got latest FF installed on a laptop now and will see if my problems are solved. Thanks for assistance/suggestions.
1417165420
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Good luck and let us know if you have any more problems.
You mean apart from not having enough time to actually "play" with the system :-) Latest Firefox seems to work fine - thanks. Other questions are likely to be around macros and the API...someday!