Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[Script] Edge of the Empire Dice with Images in the Chat Window

GM_Matt said: @Andrew - FIRST - thank you so much for all of your work on this sheet. It is really awesome and my group and I really enjoy it. I can't take all the credit, Steve D was the one who made the original sheet. I am just adding to his original work.
Looks fantastic chaps! Had implemented an old version of the code, and the character sheet, and just updated to the new ones! Works like a dream! Quick question regarding the Critical Hit... is there anyway to add to the roll? I.e. if the weapon is Vicious 1 (adds 10 to all crit injury rolls). Thanks again, this is bloody marverlous!

Edited 1416429990
Andrew H.
API Scripter
Face said: Looks fantastic chaps! Had implemented an old version of the code, and the character sheet, and just updated to the new ones! Works like a dream! Quick question regarding the Critical Hit... is there anyway to add to the roll? I.e. if the weapon is Vicious 1 (adds 10 to all crit injury rolls). Thanks again, this is bloody marverlous! That is something I plan to add. I don't think there is a way to do it currently
So I'm having some issues with the GM dice roller. When I add die, it only adds them for rolls I make, as the GM. If I share a character sheet with a player and they try to roll a skill check, the GM dice are not added. Is there a way to fix this?

Edited 1416498420
Andrew H.
API Scripter
Brandon D. said: So I'm having some issues with the GM dice roller. When I add die, it only adds them for rolls I make, as the GM. If I share a character sheet with a player and they try to roll a skill check, the GM dice are not added. Is there a way to fix this? Make sure you are using the most recent script, which can be found here . Then check to see if there are any errors in the script by looking at the log in the API Settings section and post it so I can take a look. oh just thought of something else. Make sure you are clicking off of the fields in the GM Dice tab that you are editing. They need to lose focus before the values are updated.
Andrew H. said: oh just thought of something else. Make sure you are clicking off of the fields in the GM Dice tab that you are editing. They need to lose focus before the values are updated Can you think of any way we can change that? I haven't looked too deeply into the JavaScript but it has been annoying my players. I'll see if I can write something to resolve it.
Andrew R. said: Andrew H. said: oh just thought of something else. Make sure you are clicking off of the fields in the GM Dice tab that you are editing. They need to lose focus before the values are updated Can you think of any way we can change that? I haven't looked too deeply into the JavaScript but it has been annoying my players. I'll see if I can write something to resolve it. This particular problem is not in this sheet alone. I have also noticed it in the 5e sheet. It is probably the way Roll20 handles updating the data model. If you think about it, it makes sense to do it this way. You will have a lot more update calls to the server if you did it on edit instead of loss of focus.
Just started a Age of Rebellion game for my players as a treat on the run up to Christmas. I have to say, I'm loving the work you've put in here. I do seem to have a problem though, the sheets seem to be adding in an extra 2 green dice to all of the Skill rolls. The only dice rolls that seem to be excluded are the Initiative and GM dice options. I don't have time to dig into the code myself right now, so thought I'd ask if it's a common problem, and I've just overlooked some aspect of setup, or made a common mistake!

Edited 1416603259
Andrew H.
API Scripter
Tom R. said: Just started a Age of Rebellion game for my players as a treat on the run up to Christmas. I have to say, I'm loving the work you've put in here. I do seem to have a problem though, the sheets seem to be adding in an extra 2 green dice to all of the Skill rolls. The only dice rolls that seem to be excluded are the Initiative and GM dice options. I don't have time to dig into the code myself right now, so thought I'd ask if it's a common problem, and I've just overlooked some aspect of setup, or made a common mistake! Since the Initiative rolls are not adding the extra dice, the problem seems to be in the GM Dice tab of the -DicePool character. Make sure that the cursor is not in any field in that tab and the values are correct. The values do not update until the text filed loses focus. Let me know if that fixes it. If it doesn't I can look into it further if you make me a GM of the campaign.

Edited 1416759440
Andrew H.
API Scripter
Ok I just submitted my changes to the sheet. It is in the Roll20 Dev's hands now for when you will see it. If you don't want to wait, you can find the updated code here Here are the list of changes -Fixed the 'random' dice that some people were reporting that were being added to dice rolls -Added a Notes Tab -Added a 'current speed' dial to the vehicle sheet -Added Duty and Morality -Added the ability to add auto success/advantage/threat/failure to the dice rolls (new dice commands are 's' 'a' 't' and 'f') -Added AoR 'Warfare' Knowledge skill -Added a Force Power section under Talents tab that will use the available force dice when rolled -Added a Force Rating dial I came across the 'random' dice being added to the pool during my last round of testing the auto success feature. The problem ended up being the characterID the script uses could possibly contain dice commands. For example characterID(-JMBFmYX1i0L2 59b jb-X) would add 59 blue dice to the pool. To fix this, after the characterID has been parsed from the command, it will be removed. This seemed to fix it. I have tested this new code a bunch and even ran it through my last session with my players. But there are bound to be issues I missed. I will try my best to fix them as soon as I can if you find any. I will let you know once this new code has been promoted by the Roll20 dev team
Hi, I do seem to have a problem ;( API script isn't working on one of my campaign. I got the error : TypeError: Cannot call method 'get' of undefined at Object.eote.process.characterID (evalmachine. :605:75) at Object.eote.process.setup (evalmachine. :408:40) at evalmachine. :2812:26 at eval (
Kaideec said: Hi, I do seem to have a problem ;( API script isn't working on one of my campaign. I got the error : TypeError: Cannot call method 'get' of undefined at Object.eote.process.characterID (evalmachine.:605:75) at Object.eote.process.setup (evalmachine.:408:40) at evalmachine.:2812:26 at eval ( When do you get that error? When the script starts or when you try to roll? I just started a new campaign with the current sheet and script and I wasn't able to reproduce it. Please make sure you are using the most up to date script (which can be found here )
What happens is when I drag a new token on the map, I can't roll anymore. But if I delete the token and restart the script, things go back to normal. So, to answer your question, if the token is already on the map when I start the campaign, the script isn't working before any die roll.
Kaideec said: What happens is when I drag a new token on the map, I can't roll anymore. But if I delete the token and restart the script, things go back to normal. So, to answer your question, if the token is already on the map when I start the campaign, the script isn't working before any die roll. I am still not able to reproduce that error. If you can invite me as a GM to the campaign in question I will be able to debug it better.

Edited 1417219154
Steve D.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Face said: Looks fantastic chaps! Had implemented an old version of the code, and the character sheet, and just updated to the new ones! Works like a dream! Quick question regarding the Critical Hit... is there anyway to add to the roll? I.e. if the weapon is Vicious 1 (adds 10 to all crit injury rolls). Thanks again, this is bloody marverlous! Great to hear you love the sheet. I stepped away for a few months and Andrew has been doing a great job keep the sheet going!! At this point the only way to add the +10 to a crit roll is to roll, find out the number, add 10 to it and add the crit manually. Then heal the first crit roll. I'll add this feature to my todo list.
Andrew H. said: Kaideec said: What happens is when I drag a new token on the map, I can't roll anymore. But if I delete the token and restart the script, things go back to normal. So, to answer your question, if the token is already on the map when I start the campaign, the script isn't working before any die roll. I am still not able to reproduce that error. If you can invite me as a GM to the campaign in question I will be able to debug it better. I was able to fix Kaideec's problem. If anyone else runs into this issue, just delete the characterID field in the attributes tab of the character who can't roll and restart the script. For some reason the characterID changed and was not properly updated.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Probably the character was copied from another campaign via the Transmogrifier. The script should be changed to use the character_id field which is provided by Roll20. I think it was added after this script was created.
The Aaron said: Probably the character was copied from another campaign via the Transmogrifier. The script should be changed to use the character_id field which is provided by Roll20. I think it was added after this script was created. The current pull request has this change :D
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Excellent. =D
Can't quite work out how the auto advantage thing works... Do you put the "a" in the dice next to the skill? (i.e. Ranged Light). Can't seem to get it to work there, or simply typing "a" as part of a !eed dice roll. Help?

Edited 1417463197
Andrew H.
API Scripter
Face said: Can't quite work out how the auto advantage thing works... Do you put the "a" in the dice next to the skill? (i.e. Ranged Light). Can't seem to get it to work there, or simply typing "a" as part of a !eed dice roll. Help? Yes you can put the new commands anywhere you can put dice commands, you just need a number in front of the 'a'. So 1 advantage would be 1a. Also make sure you have the latest API script , it does not get updated automatically like the sheet does.
Got the most recent version (2.5?) and it's not working... Also, the GM pool only works when I'm the GM. When I reenter as a player, and the actual GM takes over, it claims that there is no dice pool...
"No attribute was found for @{-dicepool|dicepoolgm}"

Edited 1417464301
Ah. Need to come out of the "additional dice" box for it to work. Still can't work out why the lack of dicepoolgm occures when I'm not a GM (the actual GM can still change the dicepool... but it doesn't find it. *edit* Also, the gmdicepool only works for me! When I'm a GM, and roll, it adds it in. When I'm a player, it doesn't. Regardless of whether I'm a player or GM, it doesn't work for anyone else!
For some reason, clicking to roll Initiative on the sheet does not add my players to initative like !eed pcinit 3g will.
Face said: Ah. Need to come out of the "additional dice" box for it to work. Still can't work out why the lack of dicepoolgm occures when I'm not a GM (the actual GM can still change the dicepool... but it doesn't find it. *edit* Also, the gmdicepool only works for me! When I'm a GM, and roll, it adds it in. When I'm a player, it doesn't. Regardless of whether I'm a player or GM, it doesn't work for anyone else! I try to look into this later tonight. Just to be sure, is the new GM still using the GM dice from the -dicepool player? That is the only GM pool that works. Christian O. said: For some reason, clicking to roll Initiative on the sheet does not add my players to initative like !eed pcinit 3g will. Yeah, I came across that problem a few days ago. Seems my fix for the random dice issue broke the initiative roller on the sheet. Try updating your script with this version (this is the one currently awaiting promotion from the Roll20 devs) and let me know if it fixes the problem
Andrew, yup. He is.
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I tried out the new character sheet with the added Duty and Morality, a few comments; 1, the Duty section forgot to add something about contribution ranks. 2, Under combat skills Lightsaber is missing. I think due to Lightsaber being more prominent in Force and Destiny it should be a regular skill and not a custom one, but should still have the skill drop down like the custom skills do. That way if a player gets a talent that can change the characteristic associated with Lightsaber they can change it right there.

Edited 1417567944
Steve D.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Face said: "No attribute was found for @{-dicepool|dicepoolgm}" If you set the -DicePool to be visible to everyone it will work, but that's not how it should work. I'm working on a fix to hide the GM tab in all character sheets except for the -DicePool character and make it so there is no error when players roll "No attribute was found for @{-dicepool|dicepoolgm}"
one more vote for the lightsaber skill as the custom skill can't be linked to the weapon roll.
Steve D.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I've submitted the updates to roll20 git but it hasn't been merged yet, so if you are looking for the latest and greatest. Download it here: <a href="https://github.com/dayst/StarWarsEdgeOfTheEmpire_D" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/dayst/StarWarsEdgeOfTheEmpire_D</a>... Update: Fixed the "No attribute was found for @{-dicepool|dicepoolgm}" Character sheets no longer show the GM Dice tab, only visible on -DicePool Character . Added Lightsaber skill Added Group's Contribution Rank On the Critical Roller added Critical Roll offset so you can add +10 per rank of Lethal Blows. Vehicle Character Sheet Crew Roles plus dice roller - Add characters name to crew role, select skill and custom dice Weapons dice roller - Add character names to weapon, select skill and custom dice
Hello, I am new to adding scripts and everything to roll20. So all of these is pretty daunting to me. Can someone give me a step by step instructions on what to do with the files in the github. I do know how to add a script in API, but do I do that for all the files?
The "No attribute was found for @{-dicepool|dicepoolgm}" still seems to be an issue I'm afraid...
Also, for some reason, none of the roll buttons seem to work when I'm logged in as a GM.
OK, update! If the -dicepool character is editable (i.e. you're a GM, or a player with edit functionality) none of the roll buttons work. If you can SEE the -dicepool, but can't edit, then the roll buttons work, but the "No attribute..." error message comes up! Sorry!
Steve D.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Face: Is this the version you are using? <a href="https://github.com/dayst/StarWarsEdgeOfTheEmpire_D" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/dayst/StarWarsEdgeOfTheEmpire_D</a>... and have you updated api js, html and css? I'm sure you have but I'm not getting the same issues you are. I have noticed during my game that sometimes the roll seems to delay for a sec before outputting the dice. If you continue to have problems can you make me a player in your game?
Which one on that link is the correct script? :)
Steve D.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Looks like Roll20 has merged my pull request. The only file you should need now is <a href="https://github.com/dayst/StarWarsEdgeOfTheEmpire_D" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/dayst/StarWarsEdgeOfTheEmpire_D</a>...
dang lightsaber skill is there but still can't be linked to a weapon
Steve D.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Sorry about that made the fix and requested pull request with roll20.If you would like to use the update html before its been mergered by roll20, you can get it here:<a href="https://github.com/dayst/StarWarsEdgeOfTheEmpire_Dice/blob/master/v2.5/EotE-Dice.html" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/dayst/StarWarsEdgeOfTheEmpire_Dice/blob/master/v2.5/EotE-Dice.html</a>
Keep trying to install the script. Every time I do, it fails loading the script (unexpected token) and then I can't actually delete the script (the entire character sheet is at the bottom of the api page). I've tried several times, having to actually copy the campaign to remove the script, but no joy. Might need some assistance! (<a href="https://app.roll20.net/join/617862/t5M6Qg" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/join/617862/t5M6Qg</a>)

Edited 1419153493
When I put in the dice script and hit save, i get this error: TypeError: Cannot read property 'id' of undefined at Object.eote.createGMDicePool (evalmachine.&lt;anonymous&gt;:206:59) at Object.eote.init (evalmachine.&lt;anonymous&gt;:81:14) at Sandbox.&lt;anonymous&gt; (evalmachine.&lt;anonymous&gt;:3189:14) at eval ( Not sure how to fix this.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
There is a bug in the createGMDicePool() function. In the case where there isn't already a "-DicePool" character, it will attempt to find it, use it, and only afterwards will it create it. This rewrite of the function should fix that issue. It starts on line 201 of the script.: eote.createGMDicePool = function() { var charObj_DicePool = findObjs({ _type: "character", name: "-DicePool" })[0]; var attrObj_DicePool = [ { name : 'pcgm', current : 3, max : '', update : true }, { name : 'gmdicepool', current : 2, max : '', update : true } ]; //create character -DicePool if ( ! charObj_DicePool ){ charObj_DicePool = createObj("character", { name: "-DicePool", bio: "GM Dice Pool" }); } eote.defaults['-DicePoolID'] = charObj_DicePool.id; eote.updateAddAttribute(charObj_DicePool, attrObj_DicePool); }
That fixed it. Thanks!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
No problem! =D

Edited 1419198302
When I copy/paste the script into the API page, I can look at below line 217. Everything after that is, in fact, the character sheet! If this works, the link is: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/scripts/617862" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/scripts/617862</a>
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Face, I believe you're putting the wrong thing in the API page. You should only put the javascript file (ends in .js) in the API section. You select the character sheet to use under Campaign Settings on the Campaign Details page. You probably want the Star Wars Edge of the Empire (API-Compatible). You can also choose Custom and paste in the HTML and CSS files, but I believe at this point the ones in the drop down are the same as the ones in the git repo.
I am having another problem with the dice rolling. For the skill checks and the dice pool on the character sheets, it starts with 1 ability die and 5 proficiency dice. So for example, with the athletics skill, a 0 in brawn and a 0 rank in the skill should roll 0 dice but it rolls 1 ability die and 5 proficiency dice. if either of those increase, those dice are upgraded. So if brawn is 1, it rolls 6 proficiency dice. With the dice pool, the rolls start at the same place. For each ability die added, it upgrades the dice pool. All the other dice in the dice pool work correctly. The initiative rolls work correctly and so does the gm dice pool.