Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Interest in L5R 4th Edition

I just picked up some of the books and am going through them now and they look awesome. I was curious if there are any other L5R 4e players in this community and if any of them would be interested in a game or campaign? I am personally brand new to the rules and the setting as a whole so I would need some time before I myself am comfortable with GMing this. Mostly just wanted to see what the community interest level is for this game.
Jim McClure
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
I just found roll20 today to get an L5R online game going. I have a group that plays once and week (IRL)and we have been playing L5R 4E for about 6 months now. It is a fantastic system and if you are interested I would love to get something going.
Yes I am very interested. I picked up 3E when the revised core book first came out and never played it because we could never figure out the rules (3E was really strange). 4E is looking a lot better and the setting has always intrigued me so yes I would be interested.
Jim McClure
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Yes the rules actually didn't change that much from 3E to 4E but the book layout for 3E was bad. Which hurts me to say as I love the game. I'll message you the details. If anyone else stumbles across this I am looking for two more players for this game as well.
I just looked up what L5R was, and it seems pretty interesting. I'd be willing to join if you don't mind teaching me the way, and showing me what I need to have to play.
I NEED TO PLAY THIS.
This is pretty interesting, I've done an L5R campaign once. It was an interesting system. I'd be up for playing in a session if possible.
Oh, the memories. I played the CCG for years and I kept an eye on the rpg rulebooks in the d20 era. I would love to play in a campaign, or maybe even just listen in if all spots are filled...
Oh god, I played the card game as crane clan.... so ridiculously complex a system. Or at least it was to 18 year old me back in the day. If you need another, give a shout, I'll grab the books and study up.
Jim McClure
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
For everyone that has posted, thank you, the interest in this game is great. I have sent messages to everyone who posted with the details and I have heard back from a few people so far. I'm not sure if everyone checks their messages so I'm posting here to let you know I have sent you details. There are two seats remaining and they will be first come first serve. It looks like all the PC's will be their first time with this system and you will not need any books, so you already have everything you need and everyone will be on an even playing field! Let me know if interested!
I'm just putting this here if you need a token to represent me. funnily enough, i found this picture and it was labeled "Kakita".
I want in! Been trying to play this since it came out : ( I own the corebook but its currently in NY and I am in Arizona. I'll try and have it shipped back soon.
I have been running L5R in its various incarnations and am doing a 4E game now. I just found this site and once I learn its intricacies then I may be willing to do an open game for people. I love this game world and would like to introduce more to it. Stay tuned.