Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Names and Tags for Tokens

Ixnay
KS Backer
I'd like to give tokens a name. I'd also like the name to display or be hidden, sort of like the stat bars.
I second this. It can get tough trying to keep track of which zombie minion is which, and it also gives the players a name to call out so I know who they're targeting.
it also gives the players a name to call out so I know who they're targeting. A workaround for this is the "ping" - have your players click & hold the guy/location they're talking about and a blue circle will "ping" from the location :)
Name text and status text for tokens would be very nice, especially from a customizable drop down list of the statuses.
When you roll over a token within the "take a turn" box, it auto highlights the corresponding token on the game board with a yellow square. So if you had multiple zombies in your "initiative" box, zombie #1 would be the first in the list and never be confused with zombie #5 in the list because of the system highlight. But i do think that once the "turn" box is started each token should have a place for text input in a column next to the icon for editing purposes. The text box could also be a great place to type in each players AC if needed so the GM doesnt need to keep asking. Or for any other needed purpose...
The text box could also be a great place to type in each players AC if needed so the GM doesnt need to keep asking. Or for any other needed purpose... I thought about either using one of the other bar fields so it would put the AC in a bubble or beg and plead for a popup note box on tokens... :)
Token name displays... makes sense. BUT THIS MEANS WE HAVE TO FIND A WAY TO MAKE THEM PRETTY. : / Heh, seriously, though, logged.
Abd al Rahman
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Nice Idea. So I can give the dragon my players has to fight a name like: "Angry red dragon #34" ;)
it also gives the players a name to call out so I know who they're targeting. A workaround for this is the "ping" - have your players click & hold the guy/location they're talking about and a blue circle will "ping" from the location :) I had no idea that's what that blue circle was. I just had flashbacks to my old Windows Mobile phone when I saw it. That's perfect!