Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

GM Time: Anyone interested in a game?

I'm very bored. Very, very bored. I'm wanting to GM a game, but I don't know what exactly about. I've got a couple of games premade, but I'm also pretty interested in making something else. Something like a steampunk samurai western or maybe a generic sci-fi deal. Maybe something else, too, I'm open to suggestions. If there's anything you'd like to know, just ask and I shall answer. I'd like to start tonight, so. . .
:(
define system/"tonight" i could be interested
Could be 3.5 is we go with a regular, generic sort of fantasy world or we might need to use a homebrew system if another type of world is decided on.
well, you could "find" d20 books, nad try for a sci-fi game, or if you feel like steam punk then the Iron Kingdoms is a great campaign setting (there are rules to using 3.5 for it) But anyway, I am up for any game that I know/have a vague understanding of (there are a few on that list).
Pierre S.
Pro
Translator
You probably need more advance notice of a game, for the players, and especially you for preparing it. Unless you want to set up an RPG adaptation of the movie CUBE.  Every room map is a room accessed from a crawl-hatch, and is EXACTLY the same as the one you left , lol!
I'd be up for a sci-fi game
There is Eclipse Phase, if you want. A futuristic sci-fi set a few hundred years forward where Humanity has gone all Transhumanity, your conscious-self (or better known as 'ego') can inhabit different bodies through emulation of the brain, copy-pasting all the memories and information into them. Heavy stuff, but fun in every category.
God yes! GMT friendly games are so hard to find on here. I'd like to give it a go as well. Anything would be fine other than d&d 4.0 I have some experience in 3.5 and owod, but wouldn't mind any other type of game. There might be a problem thouigh - i am available only on fridays / saturdays, so if that doesn't fit into other people's agendas I won't be able to join.
Who's on right now?
did you get this going?
would it be too late to join? this sounds awesome!
Haven't started yet, waiting until I have 4 people on at the same time. Not big into scheduling, to be honest. I prefer to play when I feel like it, not when I'm obligated to.
Pierre S.
Pro
Translator
I'd like to finally try the Roll20 I paid for, but I'm not up on current editions of D&D.  Here in LFG it's D&D and for a change, Pathfinder (?)  But I'm a SF guy.  How much do you need to know the rules of what you're planning?
If  you wanted something steampunk, you could try Iron Kingdoms. It uses the d&d 3.5 system and just adds steampunk classes and tech. Its pretty easy to pick up and the world is very well flushed out. But I would be down to play this no matter the system, if you need more players.