Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Episode I, Interlude (RP Thread)

Edited 1416673403
Alicia
Sheet Author
This thread is for RP during the week and will be a continuation of the previous session. All posts should be in character. You may however put OOC with proper notation at the end to help clarify intent if you believe it's needed. We will be using the same thread till the end of the Episode. ======================================================================== Session 2 Continues.... The hours pass as Ozel, Aela and the new comer Nadia find a fitful rest after the day's events. GK-13 has been left to his own devices, remonstrating no doubt about his flawed state. Finding his own occupation, H3 has been rerouting main power with the help of Nadia's remote, B3-D3. After four hours his endeavor is rewarded visibly as the lights, which had been dimmed to emergency illumination till now, come on fully. Eve's image pops up on a nearby panel. " Power grid has been restored to operational levels. Batteries will be fully recharged in fourteen hours, 10 minutes. Four hours until capacity for recommended jump to nearest red star. " Realizing his task is done, B3 begins to wander around the engineering compartment, going from panel to panel. Once he tires of that he moves onto other parts of the ship. With a look at the chrono, eight hours have passed since awakening in this strange, still unknown (to most) ship and the events on the Aether. From her bunk Nadia stretches, her movements much more fluid. She gets up and starts to poke around the barracks. Ozel and Aela would be relieved to discover the aches from the hibernation sickness are much improved. Their vision, while blurry, is enough to distinguish rough shapes around them. (( Poison and Gerard, your blindness and other effects has improved. Ozel is back to normal on the CT however Aela is still -2. Blindness has been stepped down to things having partial cover though Ozel won't have as great a penalty as Aela. If yiu need to make perception checks we'll figure out the penalties then. Jason and JT, feel free to fill in the 8 hour span as you wish. H3 for the most part would have been preoccupied with the repairs. Get creative!))
If droids could weep, GK-13 might have done so. His self-diagnostic revealed significant disfigurement of his formerly immaculate shell. His abilities, already impaired from not being fully recharged, were far below maximum operational efficiency, thanks to the damage inflicted by the pirates. It might be possible to somehow restore himself to pristine condition, but given that he was stranded on a strange ship, far from a good supply of spare parts and, more importantly, the vast resources of his master, this outcome seemed unlikely at best. GK's logic circuits brooded darkly on the organic female known as Aela. GK-13 was convinced that if the organic had not been half-blind from hibernation sickness ( organics were such absurdly delicate beings!) and if she had performed the proper maintenance on the two pistols that had jammed in the firefight ( careless! ), then he might not be in his present sorry state. And worst of all, she had initiated hostilities when she might have attempted parley with the pirates, leaping headlong into battle without a moments thought for anyone else. GK had no complaints about an honorable duel with a worthy foe, but the Mandalorians actions were a display of reckless incompetence all too common among organics- and look at where they had gotten him! GK's processors burned with fury at the thought of what he must look like to the others. He should seek out the organic Aela and chastise her properly, with a formal recitation of his grievances! Yes- that was just the thing to do! Perhaps, if she felt properly shamed ( as, indeed, she should! ), she might possess sufficient honor to make recompense, by offering to pay the cost for his considerable repairs. But first, he would need to be properly recharged. It simply wouldn't do to shut down in the midst of a stern rebuke, because his batteries were low. GK scanned the room with his optical sensors, finally spying a nearby recharging socket. Rising unsteadily to his feet, he stepped into the docking station and plugged himself in. Energy flooded his power cells, making him nearly sigh in relief. In another hour, he might actually begin to feel like a semblance of his own self. And then he would go find the organic Aela, and give her the rebuke she so richly deserved!

Edited 1417653437
Alicia
Sheet Author
Feel free to RP during the 3 day time frame. I'll have the requested information ready by Friday. The below is an opening to RP with either of the NPCs. It may be best to place yourselves perhaps where you want to start the 2nd day of the journey. None of the information would been fully compiled yet upon giving Eve the queries. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Nadia spends her time working in the workshop, getting her simply modified Beskar'gam armor repainted and up to par for her use on Bespin. B3-D3 on the other hand has disappeared to the droid team bay working on a side project of his own.
Bill wanders into the workshop not expecting anyone to have been there. "Ah Nadia, glad i ran into you. I wrote up an encryption for our comms to keep everything secure." Bill begins working on (I assume she has a comlink in her helmet) without asking permission. "Sooooo... what brings a force sensitive mando this far out into the void?"
Alicia
Sheet Author
Nadia looks, almost as surprised as Bill to find someone else using the workshop. " Be careful there! " she nearly jumps out of her seat to take the helmet back. " It's just been painted! " She turns it over in her hands to see if any of her work had been smudged. With an exasperated sigh from the time wasted, she hands it back " I'll just have to fix it when you're done. " The helmet has been painted in black and a dark purplish tone, though looking at the rest of the armor, it had once been offset by red. Currently she's taking each plate and priming it with a black coat before working on the detailing. Seems to be a rather time consuming process by the attention she's putting into it. " We were actually trying to acquire a specimen from Rutan for Jiliac the Hutt, but that didn't go very well." She shrugs nonchalantly as she adds. "I'm not sure entirely why Elias came all the way out here."
Unperturbed by the fact he may have ruined her work and kept her busy a bit longer. "Mercenary for the Hutts eh? Well now I regret not being in that fight. No offense to you or any of your former crew really, but I spent a lot of time fighting with the Hutts and there mercenary armies way back when. Ah their we are, all rigged up." Bill sets the Helmet back down and leans against the wall staring into space for a moment lost in thought. "This Jiliac... he's a powerful hutt?"
Alicia
Sheet Author
Leaning over her work, Nadia doesn't answer his question at first, her lips pursed and eyebrows furrowed in concentration At last she sets down the brush to inspect the piece. " More like smuggler, though considering some of the bruisers I've seen.. " she shakes her head to clear the recollection. She's the leader of the Desilijic kajidic. Or at least one of them. " Satisfied, she sets it carefully aside to dry. " I try not to think about Hutt politics too much. " Now that he's done with the helmet she picks it up examining his work for a moment before fixing up the smudged paint job. " I'd heard that there were some Hutts aiding the Alliance. Selling them weapons and ships. Was never able to verify that bit. " With the helmet done she takes a break, shifting her weight around till her back rests against the edge of the bench she's working at and is facing Bill. She raises an eyebrow in unasked question, " And when was it you fought with Hutts? "
"Oh long before you were crawling kid. It was just after the Jedi Civil War; I had command of a Czerka enforcer ship, Hutts had payed pirates to raid a republic ship that was carrying supplies to worlds on the outer rim that were still reeling from the war. Czerka didn't like the Hutts or any of the crime syndicates all that much but they were useful business partners. I knew Czerka would hand me over to the Hutts to try and maintain relations so I engineered a fake core failure to get the crew to evac, reprogrammed the droids onboard with some combat functions to run the guns and hot wired some slave circuits." Bill begins walking towards the door. "Crazy battle that one, faked my own death, lost my ship, and i've been fighting with the Hutts wherever and whenever pretty much ever since."
Alicia
Sheet Author
" Czerka, huh? " Nadia says, thoughtfully. " They're still in business with the Hutts, even with the contract they signed with the Empire." Seeing that he's heading for the door she assumes their conversation is over and turns back to her work. " Not sure how it was back then, but doesn't sound to me like much has changed. "
" The more things change the more they stay the same ." Bill wanders off now searching for Aela to give her the encryption upgrade.
Aela eventually wanders into the workshop, where Nadia has been repainting her helmet and checks her armor over with a critical eye. She then settles in and starts tinkering with her blaster. "If you need any help with modifying or upgrading your armor, let me know, and I'll take a look." She should be fairly easy for Bill to find, as she isn't moving from the workshop at all.
After having wandered the ship for 20 minutes Bill walks back into the workshop. "Aela, been looking for you. I've got an upgrade for your coms. It should keep anyone from listening in on us. Mind if i see your comlink." He walks over to a workbench and gets the tools he'll need.
Alicia
Sheet Author
Nadia had gone back to focusing on her work and seems startled when Aela comes in. "Oh, uh thanks." The light beskar’gam is similar to Aela’s however there’s some distinctions in the design of the helmet. It’s however recognizable in the classic t-shaped visor all Mandalorian armor shares. While not seeming to have been used in a while, it is well kept with a surprising upgrade. Almost missing it, Aela can see were two of the arm plates have been designed to cleverly hide a secret compartment and the mechanisms for a spring loader without interfering with the vacuum seals. The compartment is just big enough to hold a certain elongated weapon. Noticing Aela's inspection of the armor she nods towards the upgrade. "My brother's idea. He's quite inventive when it comes to this stuff." She smiles, proud of her brother's accomplishments. Anything else Nadia might have said is interrupted by Bill’s abrupt reappearance. Turning back to her previous tasks she watches Bill from the corner of her eye in the event he decided to work on her armor again without permission.