Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Savage Worlds (Tabbed) Character Sheet Update (Minor Warning)

Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
The Short Version : The Skills Die Type has been changed and may impact any character that has a d12+* die type. I've removed the d12+* options from the die type selection drop down menu. Added all of the skills from the Savage Worlds Deluxe Core rules to the character sheet Added a configuration section I figured I would start a new thread, since the old one was getting rather long. The Long Explanation: Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that I've updated the Savage Worlds (Tabbed) Character sheet. I removed the d12+* die type options for the Skills. So, if you have any skills that use that drop-down you will want to make note of them so you can correct it going forward. Instead, it will now use the two-field method, like the Attributes already do. This should have been done earlier, and I thought it had been, but I found it hadn't and wanted to correct it. This is necessary so that we don't have issues with dice rolling and Parry calculation. I was asked if I could add in a static field for all the different core rules skills. I did that. Those fields buttons can be dragged to the Macro Bar. They can also be used to create macros. Because I don't like having my sheet cluttered with ALL the skills (especially since I will only need 3 or 4 skills most likely) I added a Configuration section to control which skills are visible. By default all the skills are hidden. Here's an example of how the sheet initially appears (with the Configuration window displayed--by default it is not): Then after checking a few skills to display: And here's one to show what it looks like when the Configuration section is closed: Potential plans for the Configuration Section: Setting specific Traits/Derived Stats I hope to be able to include things from some of the other settings, like 50 Fathoms, Rippers, Sundered Skies, etc. The intent is to expanded the field list with other options from the different settings. I don't own many of the systems, so if anyone has a derived stat they'd like to see added for another setting, just let me know what the calculation looks like and I'll see what I can do. Potential background images for some of the different settings Hide tabs For example, if my character (or the setting) doesn't allow spells, Hide the Arcanum tab, etc. Other ideas? Anyway, wanted to make you all aware of the upcoming changes. Let me know if you find any bugs/issues, or have a suggestion.
Tom
Pro
Sheet Author
Ooh! Great idea! I'm going to have to see how you pulled off the configuration window.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
I used checkboxes twice. 😀 Once outside of the various DIVs and the again above the area that I wanted to hide. It was a problem I struggled with for a while and I still haven't messed around with everything I hope to be able to accomplish with it, but we'll see what the future holds.
this is fab!
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Thanks. :) I keep finding minor errors that I need to fix, so make frequent back-ups of the characters just in case. I found a few since the last update and I hope to have it submitted soon. The new skills had some issues that I found today while I was adding titles to the fields so...be sure to keep track of those in case the next update breaks them (I hope it won't, but I'm not sure how case sensitivity works within the character sheets)... :-/ But hopefully everything will be fine.
Any idea why this sheet is not appearing on campaign settings anymore? It's my favourite sheet :(
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
It should be, I just got a message that the latest changes were merged.
It's not appearing to me... I just see the other Savage Worlds one, not tabbed. :(

Edited 1419910783
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
I'm at home and you're right - even my one campaign that used the one from the drop down has changed to None for the Character Sheet... :-/ I've posted on the Bug Report forum.
Same problem in my campaigns.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Looks like a problem with the json file. I've responded to Steve K's question to roll the JSON file back so hopefully should be sorted shortly.
Thanks!
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Issue is now resolved. I've confirmed that it's back on my page, so we should be good to go. :)
Working now for me too, and looking really great! One small graphical bug: the heading for Show/Close Game Settings seems to be offset from the others in that row (Chrome on MacOS). Apart from that seems to be working well so far.
Awesome! :)
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Rodney - can you grab a screenshot of that problem? I'm not seeing it and want to make sure I'm not looking in the wrong place. Thanks.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
That's really weird. I'm not having that problem. I'm running Chrome Version 39.0.2171.95 (64-bit) on Max OS X (Yosemite). I'll look around and see if I can see something that may be causing that, but since I can't see it, I may not be able to. :-/
You're running exactly the same system as me then, which makes it even weirder...
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Do you have any plugins installed? I'm plugin-free...I don't know why that would make a difference, but maybe...? Still really odd that it would impact only one of those items and not the others.
I have a few installed, such as AdBlock, GoogleCast etc. I tried disabling them and checking, but still the same result :-(
Just tried it in Firefox, working perfectly there, which is even weirder. Seems to be a problem with my own Chrome installation, so unless anyone else reports it I'd say don't worry about it unduly.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Cool. Thanks for checking. :)