Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Old School D&D - Tuesday 6:00 PM PDT/MST (GMT - 7) - LFP

EDIT - We're full at this point. &nbsp;Thanks! Hey y'all - After wrapping up a modern day GURPS campaign, I'm in the mood for something completely different. To that end, we're dialing the controls on the Wayback Machine and setting the flux capacitor to 1974. Tuesday nights at 6:00 PM PDT/MST (-7 GMT) I am going to be running an old school style Dungeons and Dragons game using the 0E retro-clone Swords and Wizardry. I've got two players from other campaigns signed up and ready to play, so I'd like to get any other interested people to join me next Tuesday (May 7) on my Mumble server where we can discuss the upcoming game, character generation, setting details and general player/GM expectations. The only requirements I have for the game are that you can commit to playing at the scheduled times and you possess both a working microphone and a good attitude. I should be able to provide everything else. If you're interested in joining the group, please reply below and PM me your email address so I can get you an invite and mail out the connection details for the Mumble server along with the Roll20 link. If you've never played an RPG before: Awesome! Welcome to the hobby – in my opinion this is as good of a place as any to start. There are no books to buy or unwieldy rules to learn. You'll be able to start playing in our first real session and character creation won't take more than a few minutes. If you're only familiar with new school D&amp;D: You're going to understand all of the terminology and concepts right off the bat. There might be some things to unlearn or a difference in expectations, but we'll address that next week. If you've never played a D&amp;D game before: Here's your chance. If you're a card carrying member of the OSR looking for a group: I hope you've already sent me a PM. Anyone else, I'm happy to answer questions or go into further detail regarding the game here. Regards, Dave LFG Listing: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/4523/strange-cousins-from-the-west" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/4523/strange-cousins-from-the-west</a>
can i sit in to watch
Sorry, I thought this was a one shot for tonight. Never mind
i would like to learn and play if you will have me
Joe L. said: can i sit in to watch If we wind up with space available, I wouldn't mind having people roll up a character and participate for one session if the full time players approve. &nbsp;However, I've found that having observers negatively impacts the game dynamics. &nbsp;Sort of like quantum mechanics. &nbsp;With few rules to learn and what's shaping up to be a welcoming group so far, there's no reason not to just jump right in.
jesse c. said: i would like to learn and play if you will have me Absolutely - it's always nice to teach both absolute beginners to RPGs and also those who might be new to this particular genre. &nbsp;I've recently taught GURPS to people and compared to that game, Swords and Wizardry is going to be a breeze. &nbsp;If you're still interested and okay with the times, send me a PM with your email address and we'll get you hooked up with the introductory discussion. &nbsp;Even though you might be new, you still have preferences and things you'd like out of an RPG.
At this point, we're full. &nbsp;The LFG posting will stay up in case anyone wants to express interest in joining the wait list.
I am in a S&amp;W group on Monday nights and am quite enjoying it. I have no problem being an alternate if someone drops out.
Thanks for your interest - the game is still going strong with most of the original group intact. &nbsp;While I'm happy to put you on the waiting list, you're number 5 or 6 at this point and we'd need to lose at least two players before I put a call into the bullpen. &nbsp;Still, it's gaming on the internet so weird things can and do happen, but I don't want to needlessly get your hopes up.