Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Bug] Card Deck Broken

Card decks are not working at all for me. I tried using the built in default deck and tried making a new one. No matter what options I have selected on the card deck and no matter how many cards are in the deck I get the following error message every time I click on a card once the deck is "on the table": If I try to drag a card (without clicking) to the player name it gets stuck as shown below AND shows the above error message. Again, I did this with both a custom deck, and the default deck. I tried it with both Infinite deck turned on and off. Doesn't matter. All I am allowed to do is edit the decks and show/hide them. The stuck card in the picture above will not go away unless I exit the game. When I joined back into the game the card deck would still be "on the table" regardless of whether I chose to "Hide" before exiting the game. This is my first time really trying to use the decks, so if this has already been reported, sorry for the repeat. Otherwise, I'm using Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, Chrome Version 39.0.2171.71 m, 34.6 mbps down/4.25mbs up internet connection. Thanks folks!
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Wade, can you PM me a link to your campaign?
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Okay, Wade. Should be fixed.
Yep! All systems go! Thanks Steve.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I also have this problem with a custom deck. Can you share the solution? Thanks
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Vince, try recalling all cards with the shuffle option selected. Also, make sure your custom set of cards has a back.

Edited 1418281365
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Steve K. said: Vince, try recalling all cards with the shuffle option selected. Also, make sure your custom set of cards has a back. What if I don't want to shuffle? :-) I keep the deck "sorted" alphabetically by not shuffling. They are condition cards that can be easily grabbed if left in order. They have a back BTW. If this is a current "limit" to what the decks can do, meaning a deck needs to be shuffled at least once after creation to avoid this error, that's fine. I just won't plan on dealing cards from this deck.
I think that if you check <Cards in deck are infinite?> (which I think you should do for decks to catalog things like Condition etc, since you may have to give the same card to several players) then it won't require you to shuffle. Moreover, if you got the deck unsorted (by that I mean in respect to the way you first created it), just duplicate the deck and erase the original, the new will be sorted again as you first created it.

Edited 1418310789
I am not sure if I am in the same boat or not as I'm still getting my bearings with the tools. I had shuffled the cards, drew the Ace of Spades and sat it on the map at the doorway. I kinda wanted to magick fairy this token, let it appear around the board. But I can't seem to reselect the card/token (not sure if a card is considered a token in the object/container sense.) If a card is a card, then I'll hunt for a token to pseudo-fake the draw for effect. I just wish to be sure, first. It is just a TOSser (Total One Shot) adventure I'm putting together to learn the tools and get my old gamer groups comfortable with some translations and transitions in play from the floor/pool/car/bed/table top versions. Being able to campaign while traveling across states and provinces is rather nifty. Thank you. (I've appended a screenshot for review.) .
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Dante, You're having trouble selecting the card? Are you sure you're on the same layer still as the card (Token/Map/GM). Also are you zoomed way out? If so, do you still have trouble if you return to a normal zoom?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
DM Devil said: I think that if you check <Cards in deck are infinite?> (which I think you should do for decks to catalog things like Condition etc, since you may have to give the same card to several players) then it won't require you to shuffle. Moreover, if you got the deck unsorted (by that I mean in respect to the way you first created it), just duplicate the deck and erase the original, the new will be sorted again as you first created it. My deck is marked infinite. I am using the "duplicate deck to keep sorted" trick, learned it just the other day from a post on the suggestion forum. That said, I still have the exact same issue as Wade on my Conditions deck if I try to deal a card from it without shuffling the deck. I'm assuming the issue has to do with trying to deal cards from a deck that has never been shuffled since creation. My steps to reproduce error 1. Make a deck - show deck to players, players can draw, and infinite deck are all checked. GM+Players choose-Show fronts No discard pile. Face up. Considered Token. Front of cards for both GM and Players. Has a back image. 2. Show cards 3. Deal card to a player using drag to player name = error + stuck card 4. Deal card to a player using prompt = error Steve K. said: Vince, try recalling all cards with the shuffle option selected. Also, make sure your custom set of cards has a back. This shuffles the deck and allows me to deal to the players without reloading the game. It does not remove the stuck card if I tried to "drag/deal" to a player.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Vince, since this is a different issue you're having, can you start a new bug report thread with a walkthrough to replicate your issue there?