Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Roll20 API: Playing sound

I don't know if it's already possible but here it goes. In the API video you show an example on detecting collision. Springing the trap. Can you combine it with playing a sound? Could be cool. The sound of a rolling boulder or a fireball trap!!! :)
It may be possible in a future API update, yes. You would need to have the sound already added in your Jukebox, but the API could start playing it.
Bo KH said: Can you combine it with playing a sound? Could be cool. Yeah, I think the same! For some months I've been supporting the idea of being able to play already assigned Jukebox sounds from other elements of the Roll20 app, like certain areas of image backgrounds, maps, tokens —and now that I think again about it and the API, maybe even character portraits, handouts . . . Riley's answer is encouraging.
My wrestlers' entrances will be beautiful once this comes true. API = pyrotechnics, light shows, all sorts of awesomeness. I just need the intro music to play!
Melvin McSnatch said: My wrestlers' entrances will be beautiful once this comes true. API = pyrotechnics, light shows, all sorts of awesomeness. I just need the intro music to play! I'll have to see a video of that!
Alex L.
Pro
Sheet Author
Riley D. said: Melvin McSnatch said: My wrestlers' entrances will be beautiful once this comes true. API = pyrotechnics, light shows, all sorts of awesomeness. I just need the intro music to play! I'll have to see a video of that! Yes it would be one of the more interesting and unexpected ways of using the api.