Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Secondary GM Dynamic Lighting

Greetings Roll20, I searched around a little, but didn't find this. I'm a secondary GM in one of my games, the main GM is on a long hiatus and his subscription to the site ran out. I just got a subscription hoping that I might be able to activate dynamic lighting in the campaign again, but I'm not seeing the option to do so. Is there a delay, or will I need to design an entirely new room from scratch (I soooooo don't want to have to do that.) Thank you very much for listening to my problem. Kind regards, DV
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Dynamic lighting is tied to each members account and is not usable in someone else's campaign. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you will have to rebuild the campaign in your own board to have dynamic lighting to work. As a work around, you still have access to the Fog of War (free account level) but it is not the same as the DL. <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Dynamic_Lighting" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Dynamic_Lighting</a>
Mmm, that is disappointing. I don't suppose there is any way to put the game in my name rather than his? He's a cross country trucker these days and doesn't have time to play or run the game anymore. A lot of work's been put into the maps and sheets for the game and making a new one would be...Heavy. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/365990/th" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/365990/th</a>... The game page in question if it helps at all.

Edited 1418846898
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Sorry but at this time, it is not possible. I think there is a suggestion about exporting or such that might be similar to what you want. Skim the suggestions forum and it should be there. On a side note, you could gift him the supporter money and let him reactivate the account. It is a work around.

Edited 1418847340
Urghh...That's rough. I see that there is a Copy/Extend Campaign option, but it is again only available for the maker of the campaign... Man, uh...Is there a way to get my 5 dollars back? Maybe switch it around and put it to the "Owner" of the campaign's account so at least I can use the features for this game again? I really only want Dynamic lighting for this particular game, it's the only one I run and the only one I have interest in running. And remaking everything from scratch would be literally hours of work that I really don't have time to do. A bit of a waste of money to pay five bucks for dynamic lighting on one game, but my hands are a little tied and I really want that feature...
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Send an email to <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> and explain the situation to the devs. That is the best I can recommend.
Thanks Pat. Hopefully they can give me a hand. I appreciate the help.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
They are very nice people who want roll20 to be the best online tabletop experience for people to have.
Oh, I don't doubt it. I've sunk a thousand hours into gaming here ^_^;; I love what they are doing (Though I wish they'd make a "Fog" layer that goes over all the others with a transparent look, but I digress) I just hope they have some way of helping me.

Edited 1418853143
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Send them the email. One of them should respond. I don't know which one but you will get a response.
Yeah, I sent it out. I'll let you know if they had some way to give me a hand or not.

Edited 1418857124
Unfortunately, they have a rule against campaign transfer. However they were kind enough to credit some time onto the main GM's account and suggested that for future reference that I buy the GM time when it runs out. So That is how I'll handle it for now. Thanks again Pat and if you're reading it, Thanks again Dev Team.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Dennis V. said: Oh, I don't doubt it. I've sunk a thousand hours into gaming here ^_^;; I love what they are doing (Though I wish they'd make a "Fog" layer that goes over all the others with a transparent look, but I digress) I just hope they have some way of helping me. Foreground Map Layer
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
That rule is there for a reason which they probably mentioned and you are welcomed. Sorry for your troubles and I hope your game runs smoothly.
(Vince, Thanks for that. I +1'd it) Aye, I'm sure they have their reasons. May your games run smoothly too Pat.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Thank you and if you celebrate the holiday, Merry Christmas. Otherwise have a happy holiday.