Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Handout Binding

Hey Guys, sry if someone already posted this Question somewhere i searched in the forum and didnt find a thread that fits to my problem. I want the players to have some information about the map they're on. In my case mostly different citys and since there is no option to write a description for a map i wrote some handouts which capture all important places in the city. So i ask, is there any posibility to bind a Handout to a specific page so it adds automaticaly to all players journal, or maybe is only visible while they are on the specific page ? Thanks for any kind of information, im just a very new user of roll20 and want to discover the possibilities.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
With the API (a Mentor Level Feature) you can certainly do that. The API gives you many automation options and there are lots of helpful folk in the API forum that love to write scripts like this for people. Short of that, there isn't an easy way to do that. Some people use tokens on the map layer with Show Nameplates turned on and descriptive text in the token name. You can also put text down with the drawing tools.
Ok thx for the fast answer, then ill just go with giving handouts manualy.
If you can make you info into a JPG, you can upload it and set to "All Players" they can click on it and hit "Z" to zoom in, like: This one is just a map popout, but you can put text on it as well.