Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How many journal entries are we allowed?

I was thinking of going through my game systems monster manual and making basic templates for them in the character journal that I could just pull out when needed but don't want to start if there is a low limit on number of handouts or characters in the journal. Anyone know?
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
As many as you want. There is no set limit amount that I discovered as I did something similar a year or so ago. I was up to around 100+ individual entries when I stopped. The only true limitation is that the more entries you have the more lag (it uses the memory resources of your computer to cache the files) you will experience but that will only happen if you have an extreme amount (like I did) and do not archive any of them (again like I did).
In my OSRIC campaign I've stolen an idea I saw somewhere else on here, and I do an "Adventurer's Handbook," which is really just a handout which has a links to a bunch of other handouts, which are archived. One of the links is a "Bestiary," which then links to handouts of creatures the party has encountered. That way, the handouts are kept manageable. You can link to handouts by typing the title of the handout within brackets.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
And remember, you can link to archived handouts. I know you can link to a handout and then archive the handout, I don't know if it works in the other order.