Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Savage Worlds (Tabbed) Character Sheet Update

Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
So, I've been working on updating the sheet a bit, more cosmetically than anything else, but wanted to let you all know what's coming with the next update: Display settings for Trait ranks Titles for most input fields Almost every Savage Worlds Character Sheet with any published setting shows the dice icon for the Trait ranks. I wanted to capture that feel a little if I could. So, with the next update there is a setting in Configuration to allow you to toggle that on and off. I also removed the drop down arrow icon from the standard menu so I could better control the field size and display. One note, using the Dice Icon Drop Down men style relies on a CSS-based radio button faux drop down. What that means is that getting the menu to display is based on the location of the cursor and may cause the menu to flash on and off. It's a bit annoying, but assuming you won't be changing things much, it's not horrible. And you could always just use the standard, make a selection and the switch the icon back on. Note: The dice icon menus only work for non-repeating sections. I haven't been able to get it work reliably in the repeating sections. Also, this relies on a field name being represented more than once, so I'd recommend making note of the ranks when they change, just in case something goes wonky and resets the values. I've not experienced that issue yet, myself, but...I don't want people to get caught off guard should that happen. Here're pictures of the two new drop down menu styles: The second image demonstrates the Title for most input fields. This was done to make it easier for you to write you own macros if you desire. Hovering over any of the fields will pop up a flag with the name of the field to be used in the macro. And lastly, one quick heads up. I've been messing around with the structure of the sheet a little, preparing it for what I hope to do next (which is incorporate setting specific tweaks. For example, if you're running Pirates of the Spanish Main, I'd like you to be able to select to have Fame added to the character sheet, or if your running a Weird Wars campaign have Sanity, etc. I don't own all settings, so I'll be focusing on the ones I do have (with immediate focus on the ones I am playing). To accomplish that I had to change the way the top of the sheet was set up. I'd used tables instead of DIVs and that was going to make things very difficult. I've modified that, and in so doing moved some fields around. I don't know if these changes will be part of the next update or not (I haven't committed them yet), but some people get really concerned when things move, so I wanted to give you all heads up. Here's what the new layout looks like currently: I'm trying to come up with a logical structure to the layout of those fields so as we add genre/setting specific items their inclusion will make some sort of sense. For example Last Parsec has a field for Homeworld, and I would envision having that under the Player name field. And Fame (for PotSM) might be located under Charisma. Sanity might appear under Toughness. Anyway, that's about it for now. If you have any questions or suggestions, let me know. Also, what settings are you all most interested in making sure has support? Just trying to get a feel for if they are ones I have, or if I will need to consult with anyone.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I've noticed in the configuration section that when you have the sheet popped out (dev server) the skill listings are misaligned. It doesn't do that when it is normal though.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to take a look at that. I haven't used the Dev Server nor the pop-out windows yet, so...I'll look see if I can figure out what's going on.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I'm normally not on the dev server but with all the new stuff happening, I needed to get up to speed on things.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
I completely understand. Also, l dig your game board. Are you using looks like two decks of cards - do you play with the Adventure Deck? If so, you may be interested in a page on my website: <a href="http://www.geeksville.us/swcard.php" rel="nofollow">http://www.geeksville.us/swcard.php</a> That allows you to create your own custom Adventure Deck Cards. :)
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Thanks for the link. I will take a look. The game is in the planning stages and I'm looking using your sheet.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Good news. I figured out what the issue was that you describe above. Unfortunately, I just missed the next up date. So, it should be part of the following update. The short-term workaround would be not open both Wild Card and Mook skills simultaneously. If you work with one at a time, everything should display properly. The next update will also have some additional goodies as well. I've been working on building out the Configurations a bit more to accommodate various settings (as I mentioned earlier). Here's a snapshot of what that will looks like: As you can see, I've added three sections for the Game Settings Configuration: Setting Fields, Backgrounds, and Logos. I took this approach, because I though people might like the option to customize things a little more. I thought this might accommodate Homebrew games a little more as well. For example, if you're running a game and want to incorporate Fame, but don't want the rest of the Pirates of the Spanish Main stuff, this would allow you to do that. The Setting Fields will update the Basic Info tab with the additional fields (or replacement fields, for example, if you select Species under the Last Parsec grouping, the Race Input Field will be replaced with Species). The backgrounds can be toggled on/off. I only have the one background so far, and it's one that goes along with the theme of Pirates of the Spanish Main. Here's what that looks like (along with the PotSM logo): It's not completely perfect and I may try to align it better, but it does in a pinch. I plan on adding additional backgrounds in the future to accommodate other sheets (such as Last Parsec, Rippers, etc). So, if you have a setting you would like to see supported on this, just let me know and I'll see what I can do. I don't own every setting so may need additional information, but I think I've figured out how to accomplish almost everything I wanted to with the Configuration setup. If there are any other suggestions, feel free to post them. I'm always interested in what people would like.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
It is looking wonderful. Are you going to add other settings such as a generic supers or sci-fi? I tend to blend settings.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
I plan on adding settings, yes. As for a generic or Supers or Sci-Fi, I'd just need to know what elements you would like it to have and I can certainly add it. 😀 Last Parsec is a Sci-Fi game so that will definitely be there, but if you want something more generic, just let me know what you're thinking and I can get it added. Now that I have those three major areas working, adding stuff is relatively easy.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Cool, let me look over stuff and get back in touch.
This is great work! As regards backgrounds, I just started running a War of the Dead campaign, so something zombie-themed would be nice :-) A generic background with the standard Savage Worlds logo would probably be useful too I'm sure.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Rodney, thanks. :) If you have a nice zombie themed image you think would make a great character sheet background feel free to pass it along, I'm happy to incorporate what I can. The sheet above does include a generic (i.e. blank white) background and so far incorporates an option for the Savage Worlds Logo (ala the SW Deluxe rules), as well as the Last Parsec (one of the next games I'll be playing). I'll be incorporating a background image for the Last Parsec that I've been working on that resembles the background of the TLP character sheet. So, yeah - anything is possible.
How about this or this ?

Edited 1419600809
As regards Setting Fields, the option for Sanity you mention might be a good one to add. It's used in the Horror Companion and Realms of Cthulhu as well as Weird Wars, so it's a pretty common extension.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
At some point I'll need to get the Horror Companion. 😀 I do have Weird Wards, though, so I'll be adding Sanity for sure. Those backgrounds look pretty good, but I'm considering something a little more grungey that will be easier to make seamless (the problem with these electronic character sheets is the scrolling--and freezing the background doesn't seem to work with Roll20 so well; at least not with the character sheets). Either way, I hope to have something today so I can commit my changes for the next merge (whenever that will be).
The Horror Companion is surprisingly good, and Realms of Cthulhu is excellent, both in production quality and content. It's pretty much a straight conversion of Call of Cthulhu to the SW ruleset.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Just an update on my progress so far... Here's a snapshot of the latest offerings on the Configuration Section: As you can see, I have three backgrounds incorporated so far. Here's what each one looks like: No Background... Old Map background with Pirates of the Spanish Main Logo... And lastly, a zombified-style background with a bloodied version of the Savage Worlds Logo... I'm still working on the color scheme a little to make things easier to read on the darker background colors of the Zombie sheet, but overall I'm pleased with how things are turning out...

Edited 1419685749
Fantastic work! That background is great, but yes, perhaps a little hard to read. But definitely the right direction :-) How about a fantasy-style background as well? The Sanity rules in Tour of Duty are indeed the same as those in the other Horror-based books, so I'm wondering if having it tied to a specific setting is the correct way to go. It means you'd have to add it again several times over to cover Realms of Cthulhu etc. And what if someone is running a homebrew campaign using the Horror Companion? For example if I'm running a Aliens-style "horror in space" campaign I'd probably want most of the settings from The Last Parsec and Sanity rules as well. So I'm wondering if you'd be better off just having a non-specific "Setting Extensions" field that GMs could choose from depending on the campaign.
Am I being blind or is there no field for Size in the current character sheet? That's pretty important, because it changes the character's Toughness...
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
That's what the "Mod" field is for. There are so may Edges (Size being an Edge in my opinion since it's listed with the edges for monsters and the such) that I didn't want to create fields for every possible Edge that may impact Toughness or Parry (or Charisma, or any other derived stat). So, I have the generic Mod field as a catch all, and then under the Hindrances and Edges section there's a field where you can capture all the nitty gritty detail. Once I get this version of the sheet done and uploaded I plan on working on a Help page, (similar to what's available for D&D 5e and the Pathfinder character sheets). I hope that helps. :)
Size isn't an Edge that can be taken, it's a Racial Ability (see p. 22 of Savage Worlds Deluxe). So it might be better as an actual setting - it's important when creating NPC mook sheets. Either way, as long as it's not me being blind, I'm ok with whatever you decide :-)

Edited 1419894352
Three of my favorite settings are Deadlands Noir, Deadlands: Hell on Earth, and Interface Zero 2.0. Could you add sheets for those? I think "Spellcasting", "Faith", and "Weird Science" should be added to the skills section
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
I'd considered adding those to the sheet, but the linked attribute is what deterred me (since that may change from setting to setting), but the more I think about it, the more I think I'll just add them and if people want them linked to a different attribute, they can use the Add button for the repeating section. As for Deadlands Noir, Hell On Earth and Interface Zero 2.0, are there any specific fields needed, or is it just the logos?
Cool deal, thanks man, IZ 2.0 would need a section for augments, Tap applications, and maybe professions Noir is similar to Savage Deadlands (no guts skill though), it does have Voodoo, Weird science, and Magic. There is a horror aspect to the game so sanity and psychosis could go well in the sheet. Hell on Earth is a post apoc setting. Has mutants, cyborgs, toxin, poisins, in it, but it's a Deadlands setting so again more sanity, psychosis, corruption, augment boxes.
Good suggestions. However in my campaigns Spellcasting is always linked to Spirit, not Smarts. But no biggie, I can just tell the players to use Faith instead if need be.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
What I may do is just have those ones have a drop down to select the appropriate attribute. Though, those will likely become the last skills I add in that fashion. After all that's why there's the repeating section. :)
I was looking around and the Interface Zero 2.0 sheet is pretty intense: <a href="http://gunmetalgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/1" rel="nofollow">http://gunmetalgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/1</a>... I still think Deadlands Noir should have Sanity and Corruption especially if you plan to use the Horror Companion: <a href="https://www.peginc.com/freebies/DLN_Character_Shee" rel="nofollow">https://www.peginc.com/freebies/DLN_Character_Shee</a>... And for DL: HoE: <a href="http://www.peginc.com/freebies/HellOnEarth/HOERelo" rel="nofollow">http://www.peginc.com/freebies/HellOnEarth/HOERelo</a>... Thanks for the response, love your character sheet.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Dustin - the latest version of the sheet should have Sanity on there. Is Corruption a derived stat, or something that starts at 0 and can increase (i.e. no calculated based on anything?). I was also looking at the Interface Zero 2.0 character sheet and intense is definitely a word to describe it. :) However, I do want to support Cyberpunk, because that's one that I'm planning on running in the future. So, I'll take a look and see what can reasonably be added, though I may try to make things a bit more generic sound (i.e. not use TAP, etc). Augmentation type stuff, strain, etc. are probably doable. I'm going to give it some more thought. In the meantime, I'll be working on adding the additional skills, and I'm also considering adding a Ship section to the Gear tab...mainly because I'm currently playing a Pirates of the Spanish Main game and we now have our own ship. Glad you like the sheet.

Edited 1420021741
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
GV, Got a quick question about the sheet. I was working on a mook sheet and wanted some token macros but there was nothing listed after setting up the fight dice and shooting dice. Do I have make my own abilities to get the token macros or is there a setting I'm not seeing?
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Pat, Unfortunately, there's not way to automatically create token macros through the sheet, but I have tried to make it easier. If you used the check boxes in Configuration to reveal the Shooting skill, things are a little a easier, though less customizable than using the repeating section. If you hover over the die type for the skill the title of the input should pop-up. I've created a hidden field with the exact same value as the roll button that can be used when creating token macros on the Attributes and Abilities tab. For example: When I hovered over the d4 for Fighting the pop-up shows the field name of @{fighting}. You could use that to create your own macro, or you can just add 'roll' in front of the 'm' and put that as an ability/charactersheet macro: All of the "standard" skills are like that. Then clicking the roll button on the token action (or the d20 icon on the Ability) will act as if you'd pressed the roll button on the character sheet itself. If you're using the repeating section, then just uncheck the box next to "Hide Macro Formula" to get something you can cut and paste into an ability to make it a token action. That would look like: You'd, of course, need to increment the 0 for each skill, but... Anyway, I hope this helps and answers your question. If not, just let me know.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Ok - just a quick update on some of the changes I've made recently that will be coming out shortly (I have to merge everything first)... Dustin S. said: Three of my favorite settings are Deadlands Noir, Deadlands: Hell on Earth, and Interface Zero 2.0. Could you add sheets for those? I've added the Logos for Deadlands: Noir, and Deadlands: Hell on Earth. I will try to get Interface Zero 2.0 added soon. Dustin S. said: I think "Spellcasting", "Faith", and "Weird Science" should be added to the skills section Those have all been added, along with: Psionics, Rituals, and Guts. I added more than I intended, because the numbers were even and seemed like the thing to do. Faith is linked (hard) to Spirit, but Spellcasting, Weird Science, Psionics, and Ritual are all (soft) linked to Smarts, Smarts, Smarts, and Spirit respectively. What I mean by "soft" is that I used a dropdown menu for each of them so the linked attribute can be changed. Dustin S. said: IZ 2.0 would need a section for augments, Tap applications, and maybe professions Noir is similar to Savage Deadlands (no guts skill though), it does have Voodoo, Weird science, and Magic. There is a horror aspect to the game so sanity and psychosis could go well in the sheet. Hell on Earth is a post apoc setting. Has mutants, cyborgs, toxin, poisins, in it, but it's a Deadlands setting so again more sanity, psychosis, corruption, augment boxes. I still need to research augments, TAP applications a bit more. There is already and Occupations field that can be added. I decided not to include Voodoo as a skill (things were getting a little long, and unless there's a compelling reason, I likely won't add more skill slots—after all, that's why I have the repeating section). Also, to support Interface Zero I've added Firewall, Strain, and Street Cred as options. Sanity is also already implemented as (Spirt/2)+2. I'd need a little more information on Psychosis and what type of input that would require. I also would need more information on corruption. Is that a derived stat? What type of input does it require? I've also figured out a way to hide the Arcanum tab (for characters that are non-magical and don't want the clutter. Are there other tabs I should allow to be hidden? I think those are big things. I still need to work on getting some of this stuff added to the Mook sheet, but it's a lower priority for me at the moment. The skills have already been incorporated with the Mooks. I think all I need to work on are the Derived Stats. I'll see if I can get that done later this weekend and try and to have this round of changes merged up sometimes Saturday. I've been trying to find cool backgrounds I can incorporate for Cyberpunk, Supers, and Noir settings. If anyone has recommendations, I'd love to see them. Preferably seamless, but doesn't have to be; I have gimp and can make them seamless if necessary). Anyway, that's about it for now. Happy New Year, everybody!
Thank you very much! That's awesome