Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Are there any other 'Roll Options'?

Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Are there any roll options aside from &{tracker}? I did a poke at searching the wiki, but only that one showed up.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
No, the tracker flag is currently the only one available.
Gold
Forum Champion
Based on Brian's reply, maybe I don't understand the question, but. There is "modifier", if that counts for what you're asking. /roll 2d20 + ?{Modifier|0}
If you live in Colorado or Washington there are numerous 'roll' options available to you... As Gold said, it really depends on what you mean by "Roll Options" there are a number of options that can be applied to a roll, and the "roll function" can be applied to tables and all manner of functions.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Ha ha, very funny. To add a roll directly into Roll20's Turn Track (Rolling for Initiative), you'll need to incorporate a "roll option". A roll option is a special Roll20 flag that you can set anywhere in a roll to tell the roll system you'd like to do special things with the roll . For adding an initiative number to the turn track, you'll first need to select the token you wish to roll for and use this formula: /roll 1d20 + 5 &{tracker} The &{} part is where you put your options for the roll, and the "tracker" option is what says "Show the results of this roll, but also use the result as the value in the turn tracker." If the token that you have selected doesn't already have a turn in the turn order, one will be added. If it already has at least one turn, all current turns will be updated with the new value. From the wiki, bolding mine. I was curious what other roll options were available. Brian answered my question. Thank you, Brian.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
As I recall when it was added, though, Riley mentioned intentions of adding additional ones at a later date. If you have any ideas for something specific, go ahead and post a suggestion. =)
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Posting suggestions takes votes, and I have just one left, which I'm debating whether to sink into a request for the ability to edit the MOTD blurb that shows on login to a game :P
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Message of the day, you say.... (*cough*, *cough* <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1460717/script-m" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1460717/script-m</a>... )
@Brian, I'd suggest that the ability to add a Custom Item to the Turn Tracker be made available via a macro. That way, players could automatically add spell duration/effects to the Turn tracker from attack macros. An option for the syntax of a Sleep spell that lasts 1d10+5 rounds: /roll 1d10 + 5 &{tracker|Sleep|-1} "Sleep" is the name of the new Custom Item and "-1" is the Round Calculation. When the Sleep Custom Item reaches zero, everyone would know that the effect of Sleep is over and the GM would remove it from the tracker.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
John, suggestions should be posted in the suggestions forum, or else they may be missed. =)