Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[Script] Edge of the Empire Dice with Images in the Chat Window

Steve D.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kent, can you please send me a screenshot of the skills section of that character sheet and can you send me a screenshot of the Attributes and Abilities tab? Thanks I created a new campaign and added new characters sheets and I'm not having this issues. Also double check that your character -DicePool dice are all set to '0'. The -DicePool will add dice to all rolls.
Ya it was because all the dice weren't set to 0 in -DicePool. Thanks!
I just noticed that when you add a weapon to a character sheet, you cannot choose Lightsaber as an associated skill. Any plans to add that in soon?
Steve D.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Still waiting for roll20 to accept the pull request. Here is the HTML if you would like to use the custom character sheet option. <a href="https://github.com/dayst/StarWarsEdgeOfTheEmpire_Dice/blob/master/v2.5/EotE-Dice.html" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/dayst/StarWarsEdgeOfTheEmpire_Dice/blob/master/v2.5/EotE-Dice.html</a>
Awesome, thank you!
so idk if this has already been addressed in all the commentsin this forum so far, but i don't rly want to fish through the whole thing. I have a character sheet that API compatible, and the API is working great (the op one under "here is a new working link") but the sheet I have has a roll button next to each skill, it looks like its supposed to roll the dice pool without you having to assemble it yourself at the top of the character sheet, but it just rolls whatever is assembled in the dice pool. Is there an SPI script the has these as separate buttons so you don't have to assemble the dice pools for the skills? And if so could somebody post a link to it? Please and thank you!!!
Hey i was just wondering if there are any plans or is a way to add the Careers pages and the Specializations themselves to the api character sheet??
Steve D.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Rhen G. said: so idk if this has already been addressed in all the commentsin this forum so far, but i don't rly want to fish through the whole thing. I have a character sheet that API compatible, and the API is working great (the op one under "here is a new working link") but the sheet I have has a roll button next to each skill, it looks like its supposed to roll the dice pool without you having to assemble it yourself at the top of the character sheet, but it just rolls whatever is assembled in the dice pool. Is there an SPI script the has these as separate buttons so you don't have to assemble the dice pools for the skills? And if so could somebody post a link to it? Please and thank you!!! The roll button next to the skill will roll the skill dice plus add any character dicepool, GM dicepool and any custom dice your added to that skill custom dice field and then output the roll with the skill name. If there is no skill rank and no characteristics the skill roll will output the skill name. Does that help? If you are still having problems could you send me a screenshot or maybe you can add me to your game and I can test it.
Steve D.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Linnford B. said: Hey i was just wondering if there are any plans or is a way to add the Careers pages and the Specializations themselves to the api character sheet?? That is something I have thought about however that is a very big project and would really increase the file size of the character sheet. Right now you can add in your talents as you go which is fine and you don't really need a tree view if you have the books.
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I got a better idea than my previous post (that I deleted). You can have a spot in the character sheet to upload a large picture (the small character picture isn't big enough to see a full talent tree) and then the player can upload a scan/pdf of their talent tree. That would require 100000 times less effort to add in wouldn't it?
Steve D.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Unfortunately, the roll20 character sheet system doesn't not allow any kind of image upload besides the character picture.
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Well there goes my "ultra simple" method =\ My other idea was a generic blank talent tree but that ends up being just a slight "look" change versus any real reason to waste time designing it.
Im having an issue where my players are role dice rolls and it is adding random die's to the roll is they a way to fix this ?
Really nitpicky... but when you roll the weapons, the chat message misspells "special" as "speical". Other than that, all good!
Hello ago i have a Request form one of my Player the request is if it is possible to make the Armour and the Gear somwhat bigger and not Squashed in the bottom.
So I am trying to install this script <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/</a>... I do have the right character sheet and all and I see the dice. My issue is I set some dice. I roll. It shows in chat. This is good. BUT then I change the number and it doesn't change the dice. LIke the JS Event is not firing on chnage of dice. Am I doing something wrong?

Edited 1420750046
Andrew H.
API Scripter
Jason T. said: So I am trying to install this script <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/</a>... I do have the right character sheet and all and I see the dice. My issue is I set some dice. I roll. It shows in chat. This is good. BUT then I change the number and it doesn't change the dice. LIke the JS Event is not firing on chnage of dice. Am I doing something wrong? Make sure the field loses focus (the blinking cursor is not in the text box anymore) before you roll. The update happens when it loses focus.
Yea that was it. I wonder if we could use some JS on click of the roll button to alter the focus before reading the values of the boxes. I haven't looked at the script yet.
Sadly, we cannot use JS in the character sheets. From the Roll20 wiki HTML/Layout HTML is used to define the fields and layout the character sheet template. You can use most of the basic HTML tags, such as p,div,textarea,input,select,img , etc. Note that you cannot use any Javascript on your sheet template . The rolling script has nothing to do with it. It is the sheet that is not updating the values for the script.
Hey, when I roll it produces results but also kicks out this: What do I do to get rid of all that every time someone rolls?
Ok; so in the last few mins suddenly the script is rolling 3 individual rolls with each input o.O Edit: This -seems- to have stopped. I think it may have been from when the server was having some issues last night. It certainly made things interesting.
Kevin S. said: Hey, when I roll it produces results but also kicks out this: What do I do to get rid of all that every time someone rolls? I'm getting this too. No idea what it could be because I don't know anything about anything when it comes to programming.
I'm getting this too. No idea what it could be because I don't know anything about anything when it comes to programming. You and me both, man.
S.H. Miller said: Kevin S. said: Hey, when I roll it produces results but also kicks out this: What do I do to get rid of all that every time someone rolls? I'm getting this too. No idea what it could be because I don't know anything about anything when it comes to programming. I just made a new campaign and pulled the latest script, which can be found here , and I am not seeing these debug messages. Could you try deleting your current script and copy in a fresh one. Side note, the new Roll20 Update will have an easy way to get scripts into your campaign. Similar to how it works for the character sheets. So once this update gets released you shouldn't have to worry about updating your script anymore.

Edited 1421533394
GM Matt
Sheet Author
Having a problem with one of my EOTE campaigns. This is actually a testing campaign that i created separate from my main one. The dice roller doesn't generate results on any skill checks or initiative checks. Just kicks out something similar to what Kevin S identified. I have stopped, deleted the script and then copied over a fresh version. Still same results. Funny thing is that, in my campaign that has been around for some time, its all humming along just fine. Weird. Never mind. Was using script from top of this post instead of version 2.5 from 12.3. It seems to be working.
Yeah, that fixed it.

Edited 1421539264
Ok, new problem. I've zeroed out my dice pools, but I am getting 3 setback rolled with every roll. I've tried re-zeroing, downgrading, and all kinds of other things with the rollers, and I can't seem to get rid of them. EDIT: Nevermind. I figured out that I had accidentally transposed a character's Encumbrance Threshold and Current scores, making them encumbered.
Andrew H. said: I just made a new campaign and pulled the latest script, which can be found here , and I am not seeing these debug messages. Could you try deleting your current script and copy in a fresh one. That worked, thank you.
@S.H. Miller. we have that occur, but only to literally one person in the whole campgin o.O
So after the release of the iOS app my players have noticed how hard it was to modify the dice quantities in the dice pool. After replacing the number inputs with drop-downs in my own campaign they have found a substantial increase in performance via ease of selecting the values. might consider changing these in future releases?
Steve D.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Adam B. that's a good idea. I'll add it to my todo list.
So after playing last night the roller didnt seem to be working. Is the script still viable?
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
J.C. said: So after playing last night the roller didnt seem to be working. Is the script still viable? There were some API issues over the last few days and many people's APIs need to be restarted manually. Have you gone into your scripts and saved them?
Same issues, the game was running fine and at a moment the script seems to stop working. I try to save my script again in order to restart it, but nothing append. There was no message that indicate that the server restart. The API Output Console was empty. Now it work again but my players are gone :(

Edited 1422734545
Having a weird issue with the script. Say I roll 1 yellow, 2 green vs. 2 purple, leaving the purple box selected, hit roll, it only rolls 1 yellow and 2 green. But, when I do the same roll, then selecting the force die, or any dice or box with 0 or no dice, before hitting roll, works fine. Now, in the course of writing this, it stopped working altogether. reopened the dicepool, boop in chat, works again. Still, all and all, a very nice job on the script.
Jahn Y. said: Having a weird issue with the script. Say I roll 1 yellow, 2 green vs. 2 purple, leaving the purple box selected, hit roll, it only rolls 1 yellow and 2 green. But, when I do the same roll, selecting the force die, or any dice or box with 0 or no dice, works fine. Now, in the course of writing this, it stopped working altogether. reopened the dicepool, boop in chat, works again. Still, all and all, a very nice job on the script. The dice gets updated when the field loses focus (the blinking cursor is not in the text box anymore) before you roll. Since you were still in the difficulty box it didn't update that value. This REALLY NEEDS to be in a FAQ about the character sheets. I have to answer this question a lot. :)

Edited 1422734943
Would it be possible to allow focus to be placed on the roll button? Hit roll it takes focus, blue selection box? Since, it has no value, just an execution. Also, do you have links to any FAQ's or "manual"? Hangouts and that dice roller is taking a lot of screen real estate, I get some frustrated players on laptops, and I'd like to start running a campaign wholly within roll20

Edited 1429217984
Ok, it's broken.... I'm back to eote dice roller.... The roller was adding an extra green die per roll.

Edited 1423865654
Andrew H.
API Scripter
Jahn Y. said: Ok, it's broken.... I'm back to eote dice roller.... The roller was adding an extra green die per roll. But, hey fuck integrity. Hey now. No need to get like that. I will try and fix the issue for you, but this is the first time you have brought up this issue so forgive me if I didn't know about it. Is anyone else having issues like this? Are you using the most updated script ? There was an issue with player IDs that were adding extra dice to rolls that was fixed with a previous update. Also make sure that the Characters dice pool is empty, if any of those have numbers then they will be added to the pool as well.
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
&gt; Are you using the most updated script ? I think part of the problem is you don't update the version number at all. If you incremented a version number X(Current version).X(Feature add).X(Minor Feature/security issue).X(Bug fix) it would make more sense. So rather than 2.5 it should be 2.5.1 or 2.5.1.1 or something to that effect then people could find the right version. You do update the date, but that is an unconventional standard to do.
Having a major issues where any roll just roll three times for no reason
Linnford B. said: Having a major issues where any roll just roll three times for no reason I have seen this as well. I have tried to debug it but as far as I can tell the script is only calling for the roll once. I will continue to look into it. In the mean time try to restart the script as well as close out of the session and open it up again. That seemed to help.
Tried this on the dev server and got "Unexpected token s" and the script wouldn't run at all. Hopefully that doesn't come up with the update of holding.
Christian O. said: Tried this on the dev server and got "Unexpected token s" and the script wouldn't run at all. Hopefully that doesn't come up with the update of holding. I have been doing testing on the dev server with the ipad and the computer last week and I didn't see this issue. Are you running the latest script (updated 12/03/2014)?
It's happening to a bunch of scrips lately. Some campaigns do it, others don't; even if they have the same scripts loaded. It's actually pretty weird so I suspect some kind of artifact. If you re-save the script, it'll go away; it tends to do this when you open a campaign that's been inactive for awhile.
Yeah, I'm getting multiple proficiency dice added to my roll as well. On a roll of 3 ability dice, I'm getting an additional 5 Proficiency dice and 3 Difficulty dice as well. I verified I had the same version, and I re-entered the script as well, still getting the same thing. Weird. Update: I found out what I did, I had the Dice Pool as the GM set, that's what was causing me to have in extra dice.

Edited 1427139240
so im getting set back dice, i didnt put in is there a reason? (mainly on ability checks would like help asap as i am hoping to host a campaign in a hour) everthing below athletic
not having much time to debug here are some things to try. Make sure to have the most updated version of the code Check both players dice pools (the player making the check and the --dicepool character). Make sure the cursor is not in any of the fields Check your encumbrance. The script will automatically add setback dice if you are over encumbered. WIthout looking at your code output, this is all I can do right now. Hope this helps.
Two questions. Has anyone figured out how to create a macro using the sheet and dice? I could use !eed Xg Xy, and edit it each time, but if you can roll from the character sheet, there should be a way to make a macro that uses the sheet. The second question is, when a Talent says to remove or down grade a die, is there any code for that? I know I may be asking to much, just wondering.