Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Styling Calculated Fields

Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Calculated always seem a little grayed out, even when I've explicitly indicated that the text should be black. Is anyone else seeing this, and if so, is there a way I can get rid of that default styling so that my text will be black? For what it's worth, I've set up a class with color: black; and I've even used style="color: black;" in an attempt to get this resolved. Neither seems to work.

Edited 1419632115
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
this is my style for it, and it seems to work fine, text is the right color and they are colored light green so my players know they are autocalc. Could try this, with the color: #000 and see if it makes it black for you and work from there. input.sheet-dinputbox { background-color: #C5D4B0; font-weight: bold; text-align:center; } EDIT: That works for me using input.sheet-dinputbox { background-color: #C5D4B0; font-weight: bold; text-align:center; color: #00ff00; } Gives me this:
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
William - thanks. Here's what mine looks like: The calculated fields are Parry and Toughness (the boxes on the far left and the far right). Here's the CSS: input.sheet-derivedStat { width: 37px; text-align: center; background-color: transparent; color: #000; font-weight: bold; } input.sheet-standardNum { width: 37px; border-top: none; border-right: none; border-left: none; border-bottom: solid 1px; text-align: center; background-color: transparent; color: black; font-weight: bold; } I don't get why there's such a visible difference between the two fields when everything's the same except for the border settings...

Edited 1419632628
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
if you change the black and #000 to a color does it change to that color? trying to see if its a render artifact, or if its not reading the color itself Or try switching the standardNum and derivedStat lines around see if the contrast swaps
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
I changed the color from black and red and the color switched. But when I put it back to black, I get the same result.

Edited 1419632979
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hmm is there anything else overriding your css style, You don't have an opacity value in a parent div or anything do you? If you make them both red, does one red look lighter? you could always isolate those into a jsfiddle and see what the results are.
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
here is the most raw part of mine if it helps: <a href="http://jsfiddle.net/45kL83yv/16/" rel="nofollow">http://jsfiddle.net/45kL83yv/16/</a>
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
I'll check to see about the opacity settings, but I use a semi-transparent png file to avoid the dulling of the color. I'll definitely check the color by setting both to red. Thanks for the suggestions and help.
I set the background of my calculated fields to white (they seemed gray to me) ans was happy with the result. I can't tell if you did that or not, but it might be worth a try.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Yeah - the weird thing is that other colors (like red) don't have the same effect as black, which gets grayed out for some weird reason. I'm using a type of White now myself (I say type of, because I went with a semi-transparent white .png file so I can still get some transparency without styling the field itself to be semi-transparent. But even with a full white background, it's still kinda gray instead of dark black.