Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Can &{tracker} be used in a single macro to add multiple entries in the Tracker?

Edited 1419888049
OK, just what the title says. I know that you can manually add multiple entries for the same token to the Tracker. However, can you use the &{tracker} syntax in a single macro to add multiple entries for the same token? I need this for the HERO System. There are several Phases in a single Turn in the game system. For example, if a Character has three Phases in a Turn then I would want a single Initiative macro that would add three separate entries into the Tracker for that Character. Let's say that this Character goes on Phases 5, 3, and 1 in a single Turn, and his DEX is a 13. In this case, I would want a macro that would look something like this: /em is added to the Initiative Order! /r d0+5.13 &{tracker} /r d0+3.13 &{tracker} /r d0+1.13 &{tracker} As it stands, the above macro will not work properly because the first two lines are overwritten by the last roll in the macro and only one entry is added to the Tracker. Is the &{tracker} syntax able to do what I want here? Or is it not currently possible? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated because it would make using the Tracker with the HERO System easier and quicker. As it stands now, we have to manually enter each Character's Phases for each encounter and with a large number of PCs and NPCs this can be tedious and time consuming. Having a single macro button to do this manual work would be awesome. Cheers!
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Drohem, not really. The &{tracker} assumes you mean to add the currently selected token to the tracker if it's not there or to update it if it is. You could get the results you want with an API script though. You should make a request on that forum.
I'm pretty sure that as it stands currently, the &{tracker} is not able to generate more than one instance of a token on the turntracker. If it's there it updates. If not then it adds.
Thanks. :) Bummer, but I thought as much.
Try here : <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1066916/script-groupinitiative-roll-initiative-for-a-group-of-tokens-take-the-lowest-value-and-add-them-to-the-turn-order#post-1307572" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1066916/script-groupinitiative-roll-initiative-for-a-group-of-tokens-take-the-lowest-value-and-add-them-to-the-turn-order#post-1307572</a>
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
al e, OP isn't trying to add multiple people to a tracker, OP is trying to add the same token multiple times to the track, because it acts multiple times in a round.
Will that character always have the same amount of actions per turn? Could you have multiple tokens for the character, one being "on screen" for the player to use, and the others "off screen" for you to add to the tracker? Not perfect, but a possible workaround without using the API.
Well my players that have multiple attacks, when they come up in the tracker, I just overwrite the number to the next shot they have. If they more than three or four you should consider dropping a 10,000 lb. weight on them to slow them down a bit.
For Hero System, I wouldn't even use the tracker, I'd just use a spreadsheet. If you want the players to be able to see it, I'd make the spreadsheet in something like Google Documents, so they can all look at it update in real time.