Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Need some help deciding what game to GM

Edited 1420179385
Nick
Plus
*** The poll is closed and based off that I have decided to run a D&D 5 Edition Campaign which has a LFP post here . **** So I plan to start up a new RPG Campaign but I am really torn on what to play. I have over 20 years experience as a GM and player. Please help me decide what game system to run. I have created a poll HERE that lists the systems and campaigns I would be willing to run for 4-6 players. Post here why you would like to see a particular game run. Please only vote if you would be interested in playing and can attend on the date/time listed below. Game Times: Weekly from 9pm - Midnight CST (GMT-6) exact weekday TBD (either Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri). Misc: Would use Roll20 and Teamspeak 3 for voice. You don't have to speak but you must be able to listen. I like story and character development. Role-playing is strongly desired. Game would be open to vets and newbies alike. This would NOT be a mindless combat grindfest campaign PS - If you vote Something Else! Please post what game you would like to see run (again only post if you can make the availability listed above).
7th sea. There are very few games that i'll commit to just becasue of the system but 7th sea i would do anything to play areal game of.
I would be open to playing some 5E Hoard of the Dragon Queen. Problem is though I have no experience in it (My only experience is with 3.5e and Pathfinder) or even the materials. But! Everyone I play with thinks its the best. I could do Thursdays/Fridays no sweat.

Edited 1420092113
Maybe try out a couple of oneshots and see which games you have the most fun with? That's probably the most important part. Then you also have a pool of people you've actually played with, and can invite the ones you liked most to a longterm game.
Maurice H. said: Maybe try out a couple of oneshots and see which games you have the most fun with? That's probably the most important part. Then you also have a pool of people you've actually played with, and can invite the ones you liked most to a longterm game. That is not a bad idea. I could setup a few one-shot's and then people could decide if they want to stay and play which ever. Kalman, I have no 7th Sea material and I have never played or GM'd a game so I don't think I will do that one. I've also done Gurps, Warhammer Fantasy, Champions.
Silverhand said: I would be open to playing some 5E Hoard of the Dragon Queen. Problem is though I have no experience in it (My only experience is with 3.5e and Pathfinder) or even the materials. But! Everyone I play with thinks its the best. I could do Thursdays/Fridays no sweat. No experience is required. 3.5 and Pathfinder is more than adequate. The most important thing is dedicated people to show up on time when we meet.
I really want in on a new game, and am open to just about anything. I am a bit inexperienced, but a fast learner too!
Puppetland. Its a game without rolls and only runs on RP. Every player (dubbed actors in the book) takes the role of a puppet. There are 4 different puppet types; finger, hand, shadow, and marionette. Each type of puppet has things they can and can not do. Its an odd system that is kind of hard to explain without reading threw the book itself but I think its one of the funnest systems out there. With light rules its easy to get into and the story is told like that of a child's book making it very touching if GMed right. I'm not sure that its what you're looking for but I implore you to read threw the book at the very least.
So it looks like D&D 5th Edition game is what most people are looking to play. Thanks everyone who voted and posted a comment. I will be putting up a D&D 5E campaign advert soon. POLL IS CLOSED