Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Query: Font Families?

Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
As I was tweaking a script, I had a sudden thought: What fonts are expected to be available to roll20? I know Tahoma and Georgia are available, since the powercards script calls for them, but is this list a limited one, or could it be ANY font ever made?
I haven't tried it, but I assume you could make a call to the google webfont thing. Been awhile since I messed with it.
Tom
Pro
Sheet Author
Google fonts are unpredictable at best. The one on my character sheet only works in (older) versions of safari. In Chrome and Firefox, it reverts back to the default sans serif. If there is a trick to using them, I haven't read about it yet. Then again, you may have better luck with the API.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Any font the user has installed will work, of course. =) I don't believe you can use remote font resources with just inline styles. Microsoft's "Core fonts for the Web" are Arial, Courier New, Times New Roman, Comic Sans, Impact, Georgia, Trebuchet, Webdings, and Veranda. The vast, vast, vast majority of users will have those fonts, while anything else is going to be a crapshoot. (And even those aren't guaranteed 100%.)