Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Trying to clear chat archive gives connectivity issue popup

Edited 1420300827
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Last 2 days Ive been trying to clear my chat archive but it refuses to with a popup error below: It will pause like its trying to for the 10-20 seconds as usual..but get that instead of the message of it was successful at the top.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Hello William, have you tried clearing your cache Step 3 in the Solving Technical Issues ? Try that first then see if the chat archive is cleared, if not try to clear it. If you are still have a problem can you supply the console log then in this post (step 4)?
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
William, can you provide a link to the campaign and I'll take a look.
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Sure thing, sorry got busy with kids on weekend, work, and forgot about this. Still getting the error after clearing all my cache and such..and console log doesn't seem to give any useful info after it times out..pretty much the same exact console log I have before hitting the button. <a href="https://app.roll20dev.net/campaigns/details/32476/rifts-fist-full-of-credits" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20dev.net/campaigns/details/32476/rifts-fist-full-of-credits</a>
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I've cleared out the chat for the campaign. Let me know if that resolves your issue.

Edited 1420569775
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Actually the chat archive is still there, at least to me if I goto "chat archive' link on the campaign. Dont think its cached on my side, as I just tried in firefox and never logged into roll20 with it, and can see it. Its not a big deal as far as urgent, just not sure why it wont clear. Actually noticed this, is the the one line I get in debug log after it fails for me: Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 502 (Bad Gateway)
Try now it should be fixed.

Edited 1420586620
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That got it riley. Thank you sir! And not sure what you changed but that was instant telling me it cleared. It was at least 20x faster than its ever been when I hit it. Use to I hit it, wait 20-30 seconds and it would tell me its cleared . Now it's soon as I hit it. not sure if its a side effect..but its a good one :) (or maybe you cleared before me, and it was so fast because I was clearing 'nothing')