Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Ping shows up in a different spot per person.

A player and I were having an argument on which window they were jumping out of as he said there was no window there. That is when I realized that his ping was seeing something different that mine, so I had us both do it at the same time and I took a screen shot.
We had the same problem and figured out the cause. If players are at different zoom levels then the ping will not be accurately placed, but if they are on the same level of zoom it will be accurate. I.E. If players are at 100% zoom, and a DM is at 50%, each players ping will not appear in the intended spot to the DM, and vice-versa, but all of the players can accurately ping to each other because they are on the same zoom level. I don't know what the deviation is. As a temporary fix make sure everyone is at the same level of zoom.
Thanks for the reports; it has been noted for the devs.
This will definitely be fixed in the near future. Thanks!
Good to hear Riley.
Had the same situation and we also figured out it was the difference in scale settings :-)