Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How can I play a video

Can I add a video to my page? Essentially I have the opening crawl and I want a video to play for everyone. What about google hangouts. Would that work. I can't seem to get it all to work

Edited 1420728094
You cannot, to my knowledge, play a video within Roll20. You can put the link to the video in a handout and instruct the players to watch it, or I believe Google Hangouts has an option to share your screen with other people in the hangouts which might allow you to play the video for everyone at once. I haven't experimented with the last option, so I can't confirm that it will work definitely work.
Right I can play a video in the youtube addon to hangouts. BUT I think I cannot force everyone to it so it is a bit clunky. I have to ask all players to switch tabs then play for them. Kind of clunky but can work i guess
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Jason, I've also put the youtube link in a handout and pushed the link.