Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

API not working completely since crash

Edited 1420963632
It's rather odd. Since the crash earlier (and I hadn't noticed because I was testing things), the API is not functioning completely. I'm not sure where the problem lies, exactly. Here is a brief rundown on what is happening, and what I have tried: Scripts are working, for the most part. The Message of the Day script provided by Aaron does not pop up with the Message of the Day when you log in. I deleted the script (in fact, I deleted every API script I had running and am starting over), and the handout. When I reload the MotD script, the handout is recreated (albeit with an error concerning setting an avatar/imgsrc). I reload the campaign again, and still no whisper with the MotD. But it doesn't stop there. There are several other scripts I have loaded, that work, but certain functions are not happening in them. For example, I am running Aaron's TurnMarker API, and I am unable to bring up anything with the !tm command. I have isGM installed, so I know that is not the issue. I'm also very confident the problem is not the script itself because I created a new test campaign, that had nothing in it. I copied a few of the scripts to there, and they worked as they should. That lead me to delete every script on my original campaign (since disabling them all didn't seem to help), and have been installing them one at a time. Still they are not working on the original campaign. I've tried dumping my cache after quitting out of the server, and still they are not functioning properly. Don't get me wrong... the scripts "work." PowerCards kicks out a PowerCard, Aaron's Turn Tracker tracks turns as it should, but functions which would come from the API to the campaign in the form of a whisper (in the form of the MotD, options for some of the scripts, etc.) are not coming, with one exception: isGM still kicks them out when I reset isGM's data, and then again when I re-establish myself as the GM. I'm really unsure as to how to fix this because I don't know what the problem is. I just know it isn't the scripts themselves. I really don't want to have to start the campaign over from scratch, simply because any macros players may have set up not on the character sheet won't copy over, even though I can transmog just about everything.

Edited 1420964178
Upon further review, it appears to be just me that is having the problem in the campaign, with this login. I created a new login, invited myself and logged in with that in both Chrome and Safari, and the MotD seems to work fine in it. I even used the !tm command and received the appropriate response from the API server. Things that make you go, "Hmmmmmmm..." But what would make it so that only my login, no matter what browser, is having a fit?
The API Server should now be fully reset (as of a few moments ago). So give it another try. If it's still not working (and especially if it's working for a different player login) then it's likely something with your specific scripts (e.g. there is a variable that got set someplace specific to that player that didn't get un-set due to the crash or something of that nature).
Unfortunately, no, it's still not working properly. It's bizarre. I've deleted every API script completely, removed my custom character sheet and taken it down to nothing in that regard. The only thing I haven't done, is turn everything off (or deleted) and then logged out to get it to see if it resets. It's only this login that I am aware of, that it's not function for properly.

Edited 1420995985
Another oddity -- the problem continues with that specific campaign if I copy it. It doesn't matter if I copy it to the Dev server, or copy it to the production server, it exists with that one campaign, with that one login. In other words, the problem migrates with the copy.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
That is weird. Install this script. On startup, it will write the state object to the chat log in a human readable format. Copy it and paste it here in a code formatted block. GIST: <a href="https://gist.github.com/shdwjk/25923c1cc948f272d8bd" rel="nofollow">https://gist.github.com/shdwjk/25923c1cc948f272d8bd</a>
This is what it returns: { . "InitiativeTracker": { . . "highToLow": true, . . "announceRounds": true, . . "announceTurns": true, . . "announceExpiration": true, . . "round": 1, . . "count": 25, . . "status": [] . }, . "Shell": { . . "userPermissions": { . . . "!help": [ . . . . "" . . . ], . . . "!shell-permission": [ . . . . "", . . . . "-JTJDZfi5-6_LG4eg7xA" . . . ], . . . "!status": [ . . . . "" . . . ], . . . "!tracker": [ . . . . "" . . . ] . . } . }, . "TokenMod": { . . "version": 0.1, . . "playersCanUse_ids": false . }, . "activeStatus": [], . "bullet": { . . "bulletarray": [ . . . 10 . . ], . . "namearray": [ . . . "Magic" . . ], . . "slotarray": [ . . . 1 . . ], . . "ownershiparray": [ . . . "Sean (GM)" . . ] . }, . "TurnMarker": { . . "version": 1.24, . . "announceRounds": true, . . "announceTurnChange": true, . . "announcePlayerInTurnAnnounce": true, . . "announcePlayerInTurnAnnounceSize": "100%", . . "autoskipHidden": true, . . "tokenName": "Round", . . "tokenURL": "<a href="https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/images/4095816/086YSl3v0Kz3SlDAu245Vg/thumb.png?1400535580" rel="nofollow">https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/images/4095816/086YSl3v0Kz3SlDAu245Vg/thumb.png?1400535580</a>", . . "playAnimations": false, . . "rotation": false, . . "animationSpeed": 5, . . "scale": 1.7, . . "aura1": { . . . "pulse": false, . . . "size": 5, . . . "color": "#ff00ff" . . }, . . "aura2": { . . . "pulse": false, . . . "size": 5, . . . "color": "#00ff00" . . } . }, . "IsGM": { . . "version": 0.6, . . "gms": [], . . "players": [], . . "unknown": [ . . . "-JTJDZfi5-6_LG4eg7xA", . . . "-JTJoQ6lK-bu2JDEGd9G", . . . "-JTMyX0m-siDkZ5K4SWG", . . . "-JTN6cWLnDD1gAXbiVrK", . . . "-JTNtt01Kg6a1uBLEFgV", . . . "-JTYnrpt7LQiyPmUeJvQ", . . . "-JThqekNzty4HJpReH9q", . . . "-JTukPKtGHiP1QKtQxAd", . . . "-JVctLs7OJShOxlWsLlK", . . . "-JefZ2jDYgVArSJkgzxV", . . . "-JfGAu8LSACmtT0Q7NGW" . . ] . } }

Edited 1421000916
I'm waiting for my brother to log in and check to see if it's affecting him as well since he was on testing with me when the server started crashing. I tried from a completely different computer with this login, one that had never logged into Roll20 before, and it still is not functioning. I had my dad log in (since he also plays) with his login, and everything works right as rain for him, same as with my dummy login. Everything working as intended. The weird part, is the scripts themselves work fine, as they are intended to work. The TurnMarker puts out the token to track turns, announces what it needs to announce in the chat window, etc. The functions that aren't working for me, are the ones that send messages to this login: MotD, !tm, etc.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
So, I can tell that no-one is detected by isGM as a GM currently in your game. That wouldn't prevent !tm or MoTD from working. I don't think there is anything corrupt in your state object (or the previous script wouldn't have output it to the chat), but you could try resetting it with this script. You would want to disable all your other scripts first, then save this script. It should print 'state object reset.' to the API log.: on('ready',function(){ 'use strict'; state = { "InitiativeTracker": { "highToLow": true, "announceRounds": true, "announceTurns": true, "announceExpiration": true, "round": 1, "count": 25, "status": [] }, "Shell": { "userPermissions": { "!help": [ "" ], "!shell-permission": [ "", "-JTJDZfi5-6_LG4eg7xA" ], "!status": [ "" ], "!tracker": [ "" ] } }, "TokenMod": { "version": 0.1, "playersCanUse_ids": false }, "activeStatus": [], "bullet": { "bulletarray": [ 10 ], "namearray": [ "Magic" ], "slotarray": [ 1 ], "ownershiparray": [ "Sean (GM)" ] }, "TurnMarker": { "version": 1.24, "announceRounds": true, "announceTurnChange": true, "announcePlayerInTurnAnnounce": true, "announcePlayerInTurnAnnounceSize": "100%", "autoskipHidden": true, "tokenName": "Round", "tokenURL": "<a href="https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/images/4095816/086YSl3v0Kz3SlDAu245Vg/thumb.png?1400535580" rel="nofollow">https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/images/4095816/086YSl3v0Kz3SlDAu245Vg/thumb.png?1400535580</a>", "playAnimations": false, "rotation": false, "animationSpeed": 5, "scale": 1.7, "aura1": { "pulse": false, "size": 5, "color": "#ff00ff" }, "aura2": { "pulse": false, "size": 5, "color": "#00ff00" } }, "IsGM": { "version": 0.6, "gms": [], "players": [], "unknown": [ "-JTJDZfi5-6_LG4eg7xA", "-JTJoQ6lK-bu2JDEGd9G", "-JTMyX0m-siDkZ5K4SWG", "-JTN6cWLnDD1gAXbiVrK", "-JTNtt01Kg6a1uBLEFgV", "-JTYnrpt7LQiyPmUeJvQ", "-JThqekNzty4HJpReH9q", "-JTukPKtGHiP1QKtQxAd", "-JVctLs7OJShOxlWsLlK", "-JefZ2jDYgVArSJkgzxV", "-JfGAu8LSACmtT0Q7NGW" ] } }; log('state object reset.'); });
That's odd because when I talk, it flags me as DM, and returns me being DM. What's even more odd is that I can type in !tm (for example) on my dummy login, and it returns appropriately. My younger brother and my dad (who are also flagged as DM until gameday for setup purposes) see everything fine. It's just the one login that isn't working.
It's still not functioning properly. Aaron, in all honesty, I'm confident it isn't from your scripts -- that is to say, it's not indicative to just your scripts. I actually noticed it on another script I had running for turn orders at the time. I merely used your scripts as examples because the Message of the Day is the most prominently noticeable way to tell on reload for me. What's bizarre, is it's one login (mine, the guy who created and is hosting the campaign), and only on that one campaign. If I copy the campaign using the copy button, the same thing occurs. If, however, I create a new campaign, then use the transmogrifier to copy everything over (save the player macros in settings and music), then add the api scripts by copying and pasting into the new campaign, everything appears to work fine. That's actually what's bothering me about this. If it were a script, it would give the same symptoms and I would be relieved. Even if I could just copy the campaign, then re-add the scripts, I would be happy because players wouldn't lose anything they worked on in the macro aspect. I have to completely create a new campaign, transmog everything, then add the scripts, and everything works fine. It's really confusing to me. On the positive note, it's good I suffer from incurable insomnia because I was up until 5 in the morning working on this, then up again at 6:30 working on it again... :)

Edited 1421010886
Riley D.
Roll20 Team
Sean -- can you give me a link to your campaign? I'll take a look at the underlying data and make sure nothing's going on there.

Edited 1421011456
I think I figured it out -- after the crash, I made a dummy account and added it to the campaign to do some testing. It defaulted to the same first name in game. Even though I changed it from Sean G., to Sean 2, it was causing problems. I kicked that account from the Campaign, refreshed and it is working now. Or appears to be. I'll do some more testing to let you know for sure.
Sean G. said: I think I figured it out -- after the crash, I made a dummy account and added it to the campaign to do some testing. It defaulted to the same first name in game. Even though I changed it from Sean G., to Sean 2, it was causing problems. I kicked that account from the Campaign, refreshed and it is working now. Or appears to be. I'll do some more testing to let you know for sure. Yeah that makes sense. Whispers are based on the first name of the character/player. So it was sending all those messages but you weren't getting them.
The only way I was able to figure that part out, was create a new campaign, start transmogging things one at a time, and test after every change. Once I added the dummy account to the campaign, it stopped working again. Deleted, and it worked. I then re-added and changed the name completely, and it still worked. Sorry for any heartburn I gave anyone here.
No problem, sorry for the trouble to you as well.