Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

API on dev down/stuck?

Edited 1421035589
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Since about 20 minutes ago API on dev seems to have stalled. Or at least for my portion of it, it has. Saving scripts gives no response in log window and !commands seem to do nothing. Around the same time I got a red "connection issue" inside the game, and couldn't login for 3-4 minutes it hung at the black loading/messages screen (which eventually finished and let me in), but all my nondev campaigns seem to load and API working fine. Anyone else having this, or is just mine hung? (in the mean time going to wait logged out for my sandbox to idle out and try again, hopefully it just my campaign)

Edited 1421051816
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That seems to have kicked my assigned sandbox hamster in the rear. Letting it shutdown due to campaign inactivity and starting it back up. Can mark it as resolved.

Edited 1421037923
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Spoke too soon, it will spin up a new sandbox, but saving does nothing and gives no log message, nor do changes to the scripts take effect. Only way to see new changes is wait until it spins down again, and log back in. THEN any changes I made before will be applied..very stange.
Is it still doing this to you? I'm not currently able to reproduce, but the API server has probably reset itself since then. If it happens again, is it happening when you are rapidly (like, every 5 min or whatever) saving your scripts over and over again? And is the "Saving..." button getting stuck? Also just to make sure I understand, you're saying that you click Save, it spins up a new sandbox, but your script changes just aren't being reflected in the new sandbox? Do you have an on("ready") event registered and if so is it firing?

Edited 1421070892
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
(edited to add more info) It seems letting it sit overnight resolved it. Was making sure it was ok a while before confirming it here. But last night letting it get to shutting down due to activity did not seem to help, at first I thought it was. I even let it 'idle' with no one in it for a hour, and same issue so went to bed and tried it a while ago and it seems to have fix it. And no, the saving button went from "saving" and "saved" fine. but never a log 'restarting due to changes', or 'spinning up new sandbox'. It would respond to !commands after it lagged out the first time..but any changes i made didn't reflect. I could go edit a script that had log("check"); to log("test"); and save (which gave no data in log window it saved or started back up), and still get just "check" in log window until I let it idle out and rejoin. Even disabling any script would still fire until it closed due to inactivity, on next rejoin it would be disabled. As for the the on ready, it wouldnt send the "API started" sendchat when hitting save. It was like it was caching whatever previous scripts it had in it. and only reloading them on shutting down ..to be stuck on them until idling out again. And yes, I was doing a lot of saving: make a few changes, save, test, few more changes, save, test..etc. I was saving maybe once every minute or 2 playing with the new dev server functions. seeing how I could use them and tweaking it. I believe it might be an issue of saving while a setTimeout() is running? Say you have a set timeout set to X time and save it before X time is up? seemed to crop up once I added one that was 60 seconds and started saving, but it wasn't every time because I saved and edited a few time with it in place and no weird results...could be coincidence, the whole correlation vs causation illusion :).