Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Character Sheet Link Functionality

Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
New to roll20, but really impressed so far, but I have a problem--I'm working on a character sheet and noticed the Link capability; the functionality I'm interested in is the Anchor link (assuming it can be used as an internal anchor link for the character sheet).  I have no idea how to get that to work, though. So...anyone have any idea how to set up an anchor link within a character sheet? Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere, I searched and couldn't find anything. Thanks for your help, Rich
Gauss
Forum Champion
There is no anchor link functionality that I am aware of. - Gauss
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Hmmm...  when I click on the chain icon in the text field toolbar and select "Insert link", I get the following options: Then when I click on Anchor I get:
Gauss
Forum Champion
Well, you now know more about it than I do. I will ask the Devs. :) - Gauss
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
LOL - thanks. :)
what is the difference between an anchor and a link?
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
In word and other programs, anchor was for putting images in a specific location in a word sheet or such. Maybe that is what it does here. You type up a description, anchor an image in the sentence then continues the sentence. I'm guessing since I never used it here.
If I recall correctly an anchor link is like a position on a particular page it's not just going to bring you to a particular page, but a particular paragraph on that page (or the same page). I think that's what the OP is trying to accomplish. So you could have your anchor link skip past the ability scores on the sheet and drop you down below in the derived statistics section for example.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Perry T is exactly right.  I'd like to have a "table of contents" of sorts at the top of the character sheet and be able to skip to different sections of the character sheet by clicking one of those links at the top. Rich