Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Bug with Dynamic Lighting on iPad (Safari)

I know safari isn't officially supported, but tablet use in general is for paid supporters? When accessing a campaign as a player on iPad, if the player presses the square-on-square 'Show Tabs' button that shows you all of the currently open safari tabs, the thumbnail of the Roll20 tab shows the current map/page you were viewing but with no dynamic lighting restrictions, effectively showing the player the entire map and all tokens on the token layer.

Edited 1421171763
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Have you tried it with Chrome on your iPad?
I wasn't aware of that...not sure if we can control that or not. Essentially that means Safari is just not rendering parts of the page. As Steve said, you might have them try Chrome...but I'll certainly look into it and see if there's anything we can do.
Thanks Gentlemen. I tested chrome on a number of devices. On larger devices chrome will use a row of tabs like pc and Roll20 works as intended, however on some of the smaller devices chrome displays a show tabs button like safari and when pressed, it will also show a revealed map. That was more of an FYI however as my tablet players have ipads and can use the tabbed version of chrome. Thank you for the reply.