Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

3.5 initiative macro help

Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi, when using Diana's awesome sheet there is a token action created called initiative which very kindly takes into account the modifier and uses 2 decimal places to help break ties. However... out of my 5 players 1 of them doesn't work? The other 4 all calculate as normal but for that one poor soul they never get above 20 and manage to get low rolls like 1,2 and 3 despite their +3 to initiative. Any idea why? Thanks, Z
Diana P
Pro
Sheet Author
If there are pre-existing attributes/abilities, they can interfere with the values calculated by the sheet. Try going into the Attributes & Abilities tab on the character and checking for and deleting anything labled init, initdexmod, initmiscmod, initmacro, initiative (could also be capitalized/delete those also). That should reset the calculation back to 'factory' setting, if you would. Though it will also delete any modifications which have been added and those will need to be re-applied. I've also seen where a player's personal macros (under the My Settings menu) conflicted if it had the same name (initiative) and was also setup to be a token action.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It was the former... i remember now when i first started dabbling his character was my test character :) Thanks as always Diana, a true genius :)