Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[BUG] popped out character sheet: repeating field is removed if enter key is pressed.

One of my players noted that a repeating field in a custom character sheet I made from the available AD&D 2E sheet will have it's class/level/exp field removed if you are entering information and hit return/enter. We did not test any other fields as one was enough for us to not use the pop outs for now. Return/enter is not required, he did it out of habit and poof - gone. I did some recreations myself and it only happens when it is in the popped out mode.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Chris, what browser are you using, operating system, which repeating fields is this happening for?
Browser: Opera and Chrome for me, not sure for the player. OS: Win7 for me, Win8 for player Field: You want to jump in my game and take a look? It is a modified version of the standard AD&D 2E sheet Additional bug : if you hit enter in ANY of the other fill-able boxes, it removes it. repeatedly hitting enter will make the [+add] and [Modify] buttons vanish then reappear but just in this one field.
<h4>Class                 Lvl    Current XP       Next Lvl XP</h4> <fieldset class="repeating_classandlevel"> <input type="text" name="attr_class" class="sheet-small"/>   <input type="text" name="attr_level" class="sheet-tiny"/>   <input type="text" name="attr_xp" class="sheet-small"/>   <input type="text" name="attr_nextxp" class="sheet-small"/>   </fieldset>
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Chris, Hitting enter with the button highlighted is going to activate the button like you clicked it multiple times. Is that what's happening? You're modifying and deleting? I think more likely is that hitting enter doesn't save the data in a repeating section. It's meant to be clicked away from. Repeating field aren't real attributes, they're pseudo fields that might not save if they're not populated. Are you saying filled out repeating sections are disappearing when you hit enter or is this only happening when you're first filling them out?
No used of the add/delete button had been done recently. It had been filled out for a couple weeks. The player played our last session with it, as a popped out sheet. At the end of the session, when he entered his new XP total in the Current XP box and hit enter out of keyboard habit - the entire field deleted, all boxes, as if he had hit modify/delete buttons. When I tried to duplicate the incident, I could make the fields erase (not the data in the boxes, the boxes themselves as well) and then bring the now empty poxes back, by being in any other box on the sheet that I tested, and hitting enter/return. I am on nearly every day- evening till night, but play on Tuesdays and Fridays. If you want to jump in and take a look, I will keep an eye out for you hopping into the game. PM with game information sent.
I noticed you had joined the game at some point, but I must have been offline - it has been a rough work week and I actually have been too tired to work on my campaigns! **gasp** Promoted you to GM so you will be able create a sheet on your own and test it. Thanks for looking into this. It has me more curious than worried.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Chris, I went it followed the general steps you posted and was't able to recreate the problem. Can you give me a step by step to reproduce the issue you're seeing?
Step 1: Open you character sheet. Step 2: Select "Character" tab Step 3: Click the button to make it a popped out version. Step 4: go into any box, either in that field or out, for instance the height or weight box. Step 5: press <enter/return> It is at this point when the field will vanish. It removes from the top of the field list. note: I just used Chrome to verify this before I posted.
Update as requested: Removing the first set of repeating fields makes the occurrence focus on the next available repeating field in the sheet.
This may be completely unrelated, but I just had strange problems with a repeating field in my custom sheet and finally realized it was due to an underscore in the repeating field name. I had "repeating_class_feature" and changing it to "repeating_classFeature" solved the issue.
I'm having this exact same issue on win7/chrome. Click enter, and it automatically deselects the current box.
Until it is resolved, and maybe it will be in the next big update, I have told my players not to use the pop out sheet function.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
This should now be fixed.
Cool, thank you for the response. I know you have been busy!