Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Campaign Photo

I deleted the other one by mistake sorry Uploading the photo in the format of JPG, GIF, and PNG. I've had no luck getting the photos to load up. I've both chosen a file, and dropped a file. When I do I get a grey bar that appears, but thats the end of it. Also I've taken to using my Google fu skills to find the optimal size for a photo which from what I read was about 300x500. What do I need to do to have this upload a game campaign photo. How do I correct this?
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
I see you're using Firefox, but I can't quite tell if you're using NoScript or something similar. If you are, make sure you allow all scripts for Roll20. This behavior looks exactly like what happened when I had some scripts blocked. Good luck!
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I'm sorry you're having trouble with the site. Can you please follow Steps 1-3, taking special care to temporarily disable all browser add-ons and extensions, temporarily pause your anti-virus, and try switching browsers (for Chrome/Firefox specific issues) to see if one of those components is causing the problem. If all of that fails, please follow Step 4 , including providing all of the necessary information, so that we can further assist you.

Edited 1421607931
This is internet explore with the same issue. All Add ons disable This is chrome, same issue. I've done what you have asked with three different browsers. I've also made sure to make sure my virus software was disable with my webroot. I've got no add on currently running for the browsers. The same gray bar appears with various attempts.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Is this only happening with this campaign or is it all campaigns? Is anything appearing in the console log?

Edited 1421651371
I can't bring myself to use windows 8. I've created a new campaign to test. Same issues. ---------------------------------- Windows 7 All browsers are of the latest version Java is enable Norton anti-virus ----------------------------------- As for the console log Firefox ! - Use of getPreventDefault() is deprecated. Use defaultPrevented instead.<----- this is by itself at the start X - SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data<--------Add a photo and this line here shows up. X - SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data<--------Added a different photo shows up again. Chrome X - Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token o<----Added a photo, this line shows up. I don't know much, but from my understanding my browser isn't reading the page's scripted correctly, even though it's correct I bet. Google fu~
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Reggie, can you send me a copy of the image you're trying to upload. You can send it to me an a private message if you'd like.

Edited 1421771976
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Reggie, I'm able to set the picture as my campaign photo without issues. So, it's not the image and it's not Roll20. That means there is some third party process in your browser or on your computer preventing the javascript needed to upload the photo from firing. I'd double check to make sure you've disabled all add-ons and extentions and temporarily disabled your anti-virus to make sure none of those are the culprit.