Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

dundjinni down, how does that effect Roll20s tokens?

Edited 1421679945
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ive noticed <a href="http://www.dundjinni.com" rel="nofollow">http://www.dundjinni.com</a> has been down for about 2 weeks. Fear its not coming back up. :( I know the token search pulls from it (its usually the biggest pool of results outside of roll20 tokens by FAR), and it seems Roll20 caches the images perhaps? As searching for things I know I've never searched for before, still show up and is usable dragging it to the table (besides adding it to turn order, that doesn't work, get a broken image icon. (not quite sure how that works, i can drag it from the search, I get a token just fine off an image that isn't there, but no token in the turn order box) Does this mean you guys have a permanent cache of those tokens, or how is the search getting its cached images? Should we stop using any tokens that show up from that site in the search? Be a shame to setup an entire map of tokens to find out a few weeks from now 1/2 your npc's are gone.
Yes, about a year ago we started locally caching images from there that people were using both to relieve stress on their servers and in case it went down again (as it has been known to do). So basically if you're already using stuff from there you should be fine, anything that works now will keep working. I'm not sure what's going on with the Turn Order stuff...I'll look into that. Which search were you doing and which item were you using that was triggering the Turn Order stuff?

Edited 1421696269
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Actually anything from dunjinni does it for me. For example I just searched 'cat', used the first one that was 'From the Web' the white cat one from that site. I drag it to the table it makes a token fine, but turn order gives broken image icon.

Edited 1421992811
Riley D. said: Yes, about a year ago we started locally caching images from there that people were using both to relieve stress on their servers and in case it went down again (as it has been known to do). So basically if you're already using stuff from there you should be fine, anything that works now will keep working. I'm not sure what's going on with the Turn Order stuff...I'll look into that. Which search were you doing and which item were you using that was triggering the Turn Order stuff? Not sure if that applies to my situation, but I just had most of a rather large map disappear on me. I made it a couple months ago, but now it seems that anything from dunjinni has vanished, and although I can find the missing stuff in the art search, I can't place it on the map . I'm curious if there's anyway to retrieve an older version of my map, or even just see where the missing pieces were so I can replace them with an uploaded image. Edit: Scratch that, just one image that I used a lot seems to be inaccessible. Other stuff from dunjinni is working when I place it on the maps, though it could just be that its stored here and not there. My map is still mostly blank so I'll probably just rebuild it as best as I can remember.