Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Does mobile tablet support for Supporters work if you're a Player and your GM doesn't subscribe?

Gold
Forum Champion
There is some confusing wording on the "Support Us" page, versus the Wiki. I'll suggest edits (or do edits in the Wiki), but before I start talking about something I don't know, please answer whether mobile tablet support is currently supposed to work for Player Subscribers or only for Players in the campaign of a GM Subscriber? I recognize that mobile support may/will be changing with Update Of Holding coming soon, and Subscriber benefits and Wiki will need to be edited for that anyway, but in the meantime, someone is asking a question about this on Bug Reports and I'd like the Wiki to reflect the correct answer before I refer the person to read the Wiki. I think it might currently mislead them, the way it's currently written.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
If you are a subscriber and join a campaign that the Campaign Creater is not a subscriber, you can use your tablet. If you are a subscriber and create a campaign then everyone who joins can use a tablet in that campaign.
Gold
Forum Champion
Ah, that's good. In that case the only thing that could be changed is, I feel it's a little "under-sold" on the Support Us page, where it somewhat sounds like your GM must be the one to buy the feature. Not that it's untrue, just undersold. It says "This advanced feature applies to you and players who join games that you've created." <a href="https://app.roll20.net/account/supporter/?topbarma" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/account/supporter/?topbarma</a>...
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Remember that tablet usage was considered (might still be) beta. Things are going to be changing with the update of holding also.