Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Player LFG] Heroes Unlimited 2nd ed (revised) - Games or Interest?

Hi - I'm new to roll20.net but not new to RPG's. My long time favorite is Heroes Unlimited and I would be overjoyed to play in another game. I ran in an epic campaign from 2007-2010. I had also played in a RIFTS campaign with the same group from 2005-2010, both using the OpenRPG platform. That group broke up in 2010 and since then I've not found another to play in Palladium games. I searched the LFG part of this site but there are no HU2 games going on and not even any RIFTS games, so I thought I'd post here. I also did a quick review of closed topics concerning HU2 and have seen that there is definitely some interest but for whatever reason those games never came to fruition(?). I didn't see any recent postings, so I figured it would be alright if I made a new one. I hope it's enough to stoke the fire and get something concrete going. :) Unfortunately, I am not very inclined toward the role of GM despite having played in RPGs starting in 1995. I am much more comfortable in the role of player, but I am potentially willing to run a very short goal-oriented campaign. Really, I would rather find someone willing and able to GM a campaign that I could join. If there is interest in playing and/or GMing a campaign for Heroes Unlimited, please post here (and with preferred availability).
Interested. There aren't many palladium games around here on roll20.
Well there's at least two of us! :) There aren't many Palladium games in general, anywhere. Online or in meatspace. A shame, really - especially in the case of HU. I have another RL friend who is also interested in learning the Heroes Unlimited system and playing. Supposing that we could get a total of ~5 players, I'd be willing to put together a short campaign so that the newer players could test the waters.
Oh Heroes Unlimited. Why do you haunt me? If a game is on the table, I'd be interested (pending the campaign's premise of course). I've poked at the game a few times and have the books but never really played it.
Palladium system needs a major rule revision to fit to this century. Several mechanics needs change, like rolled stats instead a point system purchase
Eavatar, I completely agree. The RIFTS/Heroes Unlimited group I played with actually had a set of house rules I considered to be pretty well thought-out and that I intend to utilize if I can get a group together.
Sounds like fun. I remember Heros Unlimited Fondly. I'd be interested in playing if there's lots of thug pounding action! Sadly I can only do Sunday (EST 7-11) evenings currently though
Eavatar said: Palladium system needs a major rule revision to fit to this century. Several mechanics needs change, like rolled stats instead a point system purchase I'm generally fine with rolled stats. It is, however, painful to try and make a character when your power category tells you that you have skills and abilities that don't actually exist in the game. Or how the main rulebook has almost no rules for weapons in it, despite many characters requiring them.
Well I think I have enough interest to pursue a campaign. As I mentioned, I'm only new to roll20 and tomorrow night will be my first gaming experience. Once I have a couple sessions under my belt and feel comfortable with the chat mechanics I'll be putting together a campaign setting and posting it.
Sounds good. If you need a hand setting anything up, let me know.