Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

To GM Notes under the character tab

So under characters there is a place for GMs to write that only the GM can see. Me and my friends thinks there should be a section of the notes that only the gm can see and the editor can see because we like to have people's characters in everyone's journals so we can see their pic and bio and info. However, we would like a place to put the full background on the same page but only so the creator and the GM can see.

Edited 1422070551
Gold
Forum Champion
I like your suggestion, and have not heard that idea on here before. But in the meantime, there's another way, which you probably already know, because this is not inside the character sheet so it's not exactly what you asked, but has the same functionality. The GM can make a new empty journal for any player (one for each player if you want). Call this journal Player 1's Private Journal to the GM... Player 2's Private Journal to the GM... and so on. Give permissions as you want it: Player 1 & the GM. Player 2 & the GM. Etc. Yes it's another step of work to set these up, and it's outside the character sheet (though nearby). This way you can keep the actual Character Sheets viewable to All Players but only make the private journals for the individuals. By the way another method is, use a combination of Private Messages (GM and a Player only), and Forum Posts (viewable to all) on the Campaign Details outside the game table. This is actually the method I use IMC for backstories and notes/requests from players to GM. Your suggestion is still valid.

Edited 1430948410
I understand and we do something similar to that. It would still be nice for you to implement such a feature. Should you guys be too busy working on other features I understand. Thank you for your reply.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .