Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Little bug with Dim Light

I was playing around with the Dim Light option earlier and noticed something: I wanted to cover an area in Dim Light, so I set the light radius to 60 and start of Dim Light at 0. Now the problem is that at the spot where I put down the token, there's a single bright spot. It's not large, but it can ruin the overall "feel" since you see an actual light-source. Next I noticed something else: I was making the interior of a tower with Dynamic Lighting and all, and wanted to cover the outside in Dim Light so they can actually see the walls and the general shape of the place even if they don't have LOS to that particular wall right now. (They've seen it from the outside so nothing secret there) Also the place had windows and I figured I could have the dim light come in through those. Now something odd happened. When 2 or 3 of the dim light radiuses overlapped, in those areas it became brighter and brighter. I reduced the light radius later and it was good again, still, if it's set to Dim Light it should stay at dim light and not automatically upgrade itself to bright light.
Multiple sources of dim light overlapping would increase the amount of light in that area.