Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

API down

This is on PROD, not DEV. The API has been a bit sluggish all evening, however in the last 15 minutes the API all of the sudden stopped with no error, then for a short burst we get double output, then it becomes sluggish. It is basically unplayable at this stage...
Same for us .All of our combat macros are using Honeybadger's PowerCard script as does my "peek into character stats" macro. Luckily right at that moment of dead api function, we had about 35 minutes of RPing that crept up into the game.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
<a href="http://status.roll20.net/" rel="nofollow">http://status.roll20.net/</a> shows there was some of the shards having problems but it shows they are in the green now. I will bump this to the devs attention. Post if you are still experiencing API problems.
@Pat - The server status did not show any issues while we were playing and generally we didn't have any disconnects or trouble with other parts of the game during that time, only the API. We actually needed to finish the night with double rolls on everything once things finally stopped being unresponsive. So just to be clear, text chat was fine, /r was fine, however anything with the API was not fine. At this stage however my games are so integrated with the API, that should it go down or become unresponsive, well, it definitely has an impact.
Note, the are no problems this morning with the effected campaign, seems once the API is shutdown due to inactivity, when you go back in everything is fine.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Kevin, are you still having issues with the API?
Steve, I checked in the campaign and everything seemed normal, however I did go "afk" while logged in and notice in the api console several times where the sandbox restarted.