Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

LFP Shadowrun 5E (3 PM GMT, RP heavy, Skype)

Edited 1422792111
Summary: Shadowrun 5E. Black Trenchcoat. Character driven, RP heavy. Roll20 + Voice chat, Theatre of the mind. Weekly, Sunday 3PM, GMT. Long term. I'm starting a Shadowrun 5E game, and am looking for some victi... players. This will be an RP heavy game. If you want to play a character who has no name (because you can't come up with one for the first session), or who wants to roll a bucketful of dice and watch things explode - this game is not for you. If you're looking for a chance to explore a thematically interesting character with complex motives in an interesting world, sign up now. It's certainly not to say that there won't be explosions, but they'll be deep, meaningful explosions if they do happen. The focus of our campaign will be character interaction and development, and I hope that the campaign will be a long term one. Why you want me to DM for you: Experience: I'm 27 with a lot of RPG and DMing behind me. I know how to run a game smoothly and efficiently. Stability: I'm a regular committer and will ensure that I'm always ready and prepared for sessions. Clear English: While I'm not a native speaker, I speak comprehensible and clear English without much of an accent. Creativity: I will endeavor to provide well written scenarios without self-satisfaction or abusing genre clichés. If you are interested, please PM me with the following: - Why you think you would be a good fit for this game - Your skype contact details I'm determined to make this game work smoothly and effectively, so I'm willing to go the extra mile to accommodate and ensure I have capable and reliable players.
Define RP heavy. The way I have always seen it is that the runs through unique situations and even failing can serve to build the character. You have more experience than I do on this subject so I have to ask. How much of the game is running and how much of it is RPing the characters. I have three characters I always tool with that I always imagine coming to fruition through their fighting experience. Not that they are just dicemonsters but that experience with hacking and fighting changes them and it causes them to stir beneath the surface. The only other thing that concerns me is the time. I'm AST. That and black trenchcoat given that you will have to allow for the players to come up with tools to clean up forensics because 5e is lacking in things like CleanerCleaner and advanced Aerosol gear.
I'm game, but my current schedule has me working till 4 on Sundays, aND I have no idea when that might change.
2 Neocyberman Of course, stuff that is logical, but does not exist in the system for any reason would be made available. As for time zone. If you can do it - there is a point of continuing the discussion. If not - then there is no point. As for gaming style Running and RPing are not mutually exclusive. 2 John M. 4 PM may be doable, but not later.
I will be talking to my boss to see any schedule plans.
Okay, I'm slightly dumb, but it may be fine anyway. I didn't think to convert to est, so, that means or would be starting at 10am est, right? If that is the case, my schedule, as my boss says, would have me starting at 2pm est, or 7pm gmt. Would we be done by 6pm gmt?
4 hours is the estimated duration of a session, +/- an hour tops.
To clarify. When you say GMT. Do you mean +/-0 GMT? As in you're in the vicinity of Greenwich England? Because I'm GMT -7:00 and while I'd like to learn to play Shadowrun 5, and am fascinated by the setting. I'm not sure if being up to play at 8:00 am every sunday with potential long distance lag via skype is such a good idea.
Long distance lag was never an issue with players from the US or Australia I had the pleasure to play with. And yes, by GMT, I mean GMT +0, as in Greenwich Mean Time. And now you feel my pain, when I see LFG for games I like to play very much, that are starting at 4 AM.
I'm honestly tempted to just give it a shot. To be fair, its Sunday. I don't do anything on Sundays besides sit around and play video games. In addition, being in the morning is actually better for my work schedule because I don't have to be up late for when I work on Mondays.
Yeeeesss... give in to the temptation...
So, my boss has given a tentative thumbs up. What else sounds important to know? Like where will we be in the world, number of players we are shooting for, etc.
I've posted a few times about looking for a shadowrun or cyberpunk game. I'd love to play. please message me on skype "nikkalos"
That's a great idea, my Skype is m66937.
2 Nicholas Added you in Skype. 2 John Same.
An Update! I had quite a large amount of applicants. And now I'll be sorting through stuff, and talking to you all in Skype. If the player base does not form till tomorrow evening, I'll start reviewing new applications, is they appear. We are aiming for 4 players for the start. I also have a player I've promised a spot, but he'll be joining the group later. If he does not join for any reason - we will accept another player in his place. For now I have 1 player who will be playing 100%, the other 3 slots are free.

Edited 1422895862
I'm free during the time, if you have any dropouts send me a line. I just bought the book and plan on hunting for a group. Manticore113
If I've never played tabletop Shadowrun before but have a decent understanding of the mechanics, how difficult do you think it is to jump in? I loved Shadowrun Returns for example, but the roleplaying aspect is missing as well as the freedom of an actual game session that's not pre-generated and linear. The advantage of having all the rules and calculations automated is huge though, since I hear Shadowrun is just crazy complex. Point being, I love the setting of Shadowrun, but simply blasting through corridors of baddies in the game wasn't doing it for me; I really wanted more character interaction and roleplaying, so this campaign seems awesome. The hangup is having to know all the ins and outs of the actual system.