Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] Witch Hunter: Revelations; Saturday, Feb. 7; 8 pm CST

Edited 1421703094
Tom
Pro
Sheet Author
There are horrors that lurk in the shadows of our world: beasts and abominations that hunger to devour flesh and spirit, mad sorcerers leading the corrupted in an orgy of blood and death, and the insidious agents of the Adversary who seek to turn the righteous from the light. Since time immemorial, there have been men and women blessed with the insight and strength to stand against this unholy host — an elite few, known as Witch Hunters . Witch Hunter: The Invisible World is set in an alternate 17th century, where the light of reason serves only to cast darker shadows. You assume the role of a hero chosen to stand against malevolent forces and protect an unsuspecting world. Adventures involve equal parts swashbuckling heroics and mind-numbing horror. Witch Hunter: Revelations is part of Paradigm Concept's Organized Play network. Each adventure is designed for 3-6 players and runs about 4 hours. Players may use sanctioned characters in play here and at other sanctioned events. Pre-generated characters can be provided for those without characters. Replay is possible, but we would like to give preference to those who have not experienced the scheduled adventure. Players of all levels of experience welcome. This Month's Feature: The Lost Child (WHR HP-1-02) GM: Tom Harrison This is the first in what we hope will be a series of events, meeting once a month or more depending on demand and availability. So if the time slot doesn't agree with you, please post something to our I nterest thread . Maybe we can be more accommodating next time. Also, we are looking for players with GMing experience who might be interested in rotating out of the GM seat in the future. If that describes you, let us know! If you would like to participate, please reply below. If you already have a WHR character, please post character details and rank. Follow this thread for updates.
I have a rank 1 Hermetic Magi of the Apostles of the New Dawn. Is there a form you guys need the character sheet in?
Tom
Pro
Sheet Author
Realized my description of the event massif sound like you couldn't create your own character for the game. This is wrong—you can. So I've fixed that passage. Plus, you can use the character you create for this event at ANY witch hunter OP event .
I'm in. I'll be using the pregen in the other thread: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1474697/witch-hunter-2e-organized-play-looking-for-players-and-gm-post-interest-here/#post-1520876" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1474697/witch-hunter-2e-organized-play-looking-for-players-and-gm-post-interest-here/#post-1520876</a>
Count me and my oldest son (23) as players! I have the 2e book and am slightly familiar with the rules.

Edited 1421756197
Tom
Pro
Sheet Author
Ok, that's 4. We have room for 2 more, plus one alternate.

Edited 1422031791
I would SOOOO love to do this, but am not sure if the date works, as I may be helping my wife do something that night :( I will check with her and let you know!! Antonio Espinoza, decendant of Roland, wants to come and play!
Tom
Pro
Sheet Author
Jeff, we are hoping to make this the first of a series of events. So if Saturday night doesn't work for you, stay tuned. We're going to do another one in April. If there is enough demand—and enough folks willing to GM—we may pick up the pace of these, but right now once a month feels about right.
Tom
Pro
Sheet Author
Just over a week to go til the event. Bumping for interest.
Is this game full? I want to play Witch Hunter Revelations but I have not played it yet - I have a character prepared.

Edited 1422672920
Dr West is an English born Physician whose bad experience with a surgery too close to gunpowder storage has led him to use a simple crossbow to keep the feral dogs, cadaver gatherers and rats from his patients. His slightly scarred face (makes him roguish not ugly) , tattered ear, and his lasting impaired hearing give testimony to his proximity when some Russian idiot brought their burning match to the gunpowder storage. "That never would have happened at an English encampment," he has been known to say.
Tom
Pro
Sheet Author
No, we still have two spots open and room for an alternate or two in case of a cancellation. I do have one more person interested, but she hasn't signed up yet. I'll send you a link and prepare a character journal for you. If you have a portrait of your character, please attach it. Also, please check the campaign forums for important info about game play and about character details I need.
I would be interested in playing if there is room I played in the previous witch hunter. I am working on a character James
Tom
Pro
Sheet Author
Tell you what. We have one spot left open but another person has expressed interest. I sent her an invite on Thursday but she has yet to respond. So if you're ok with it, I'd like to put you down as an alternate. If she hasn't gotten back to me by Wednesday, or if someone else cancels, you're in. Would that work for you? I don't want you to give up your Saturday night and then not have a spot for you. The rules for organized play do allow for 7 players, but with this maiden voyage I want to cap it at 6. Next time, more folks will know the system AND the way Roll20 handles it and I think we can accommodate an extra seat. Sound good?
That is just fine
Tom
Pro
Sheet Author
James, just heard back from our other interested player and she is unable to make a firm commitment and suggested giving you the spot. So umyou are in if you are stil interested.
Yes I am
Tom
Pro
Sheet Author
Alright everyone, tomorrow night is a go. I've received no cancellation notices and expect a full house. I have every expectation it will be a rousing success, though I won't be surprised if we have to do some fine tuning. I will do my best to be on time so (kids' bedtimes and all that). Please turn your settings to Voice Only, but have a copy of Skype on standby just in case. I expect we will block out maybe the first half hour to discuss how everything works, but once everyone is comfortable we will get started. Any last requests?