Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Flashing white grid that matches gridsize

Edited 1422929200
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Anyone else been having an issue last week or so of a grid that flashes as you scroll around? its always in the lower left of my map for me. and seems to only do it at certain zoom levels and if I have tokens smaller than the default 70x70. On one map it only seems to do it if I have a token with the turn handle pointed down..I rotate that token and move it around or scroll it doesn't occur. Other maps it doesnt care, its always there It also puts weird pixelated white 'stuff' around my tokens(and only the ones that would be inside that grid area that whites out): It does it in chrome and well as firefox for me, I've tried with all plugins disabled and clearing cache..etc Scrolling around it flickers on and off, and its always the size of the maps grid. below is at 0.7 and 1.0 grid.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Yes, I've seen the white grid. It seems to appear every now and then as I'm scrolling vertically.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
William, can you PM me a link and provide sets to recreate the issue?
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Sure let me see if I can get it to do it, its fickle on making it do it on demand. You need me to PM you the campaign, and also a page it does it on inside it?
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
William R. said: Sure let me see if I can get it to do it, its fickle on making it do it on demand. You need me to PM you the campaign, and also a page it does it on inside it? Yes, along with the steps if you can.
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Can do I can't seem to get the white grid back now that I need it. But I can make it flash a solid white box in the same area, the same size, while moving a token pointed down..So assuming its at least related to the same issue.

Edited 1422991624
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I just got it to happen on one of my maps. I just zoomed in to about 190% and did some vertical scrolling. Screen cap is zoomed back to normal. Funny thing is I can toggle the white grid on/off by double-clicking the zoom bar slider handle. This is on the Dev.
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I cant make it do the grid now to save my life. As usual, when you try to point out a problem it wont do it. But this is what I can get, which is in the same place, and size as the funky grid, but just solid:

Edited 1422990013
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I can do the same thing by moving a token William, except it flashes the white grid.
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Wonder if it has to do with map size? I've only ever seen it on maps over 30x30 for me. But might be coincidence..as those are the only one I also have more than a handful of tokens and objects.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
William R. said: Wonder if it has to do with map size? I've only ever seen it on maps over 30x30 for me. But might be coincidence..as those are the only one I also have more than a handful of tokens and objects. The map I had above was only 9x12, however it was using a custom grid size of 1.67 to help it line up with the imprinted grid found on the map image. BTW, after reloading the campaign I have only been able to get this to happen one time. I'm trying to find a pattern, but so far I'm unsuccesful...
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I hopped in William's game and was unable to replicate the problem using his browser version and operating system. I think it might be a video card hardware acceleration issue or something locally. Message me if you find more information.