Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Messed up my regional map,weird color fill on a bunch of lines I didn't know were selected

Edited 1423037697
Gold
Forum Champion
This is on my regional map / main game page (also set as my splash page), which has a fair amount of polygon lines and text boxes (not a crazy amount, but a few dozens of map labels and road lines) and a few freehand lines and shapes. It's a page that we have been adding-to in-game for quite a lot of hours, or else I'd just start over or reupload if I could. Asking for help, possibly advice or if a Dev could just revert it. Tonight I was going to make a new polygon line on the map layer and didn't think I had anything selected on the map/table. I changed the color swatch for my line tool to yellow. Unfortunately a crazy amount of things turned yellow. Including some of my "Lines" that didn't have a Fill, turned into Shapes with Yellow Fill. Also a bunch of the text boxes that were various colors (on purpose, for different reasons), all turned Yellow. It's as-if I had a bunch of things selected (not everything on the layer but at least 20 lines, text boxes, shapes) and it's made them all yellow, with only some surrounding objects in their original colors. Like maybe half or 30% of the objects on the map appear to have changed from various colors to yellow. Pressing Undo didn't change it back. I exited the campaign and re-entered hoping it was a temporary graphics display glitch. Sadly the yellow still prevailed. So, I've lost the colors I'd wanted on a bunch of things, and things are hard to see because my Rivers (lines) suddenly got Fills jumping in odd semi-circles across swaths of the continent, so there's an overall jumble of yellowness that's hard to sort through. Yellow on Yellow. Not suspecting this of being a true Bug as I've never had this before in months of using this map. More of a Glitch that happened, and certainly may be something I clicked without realizing. I feel I'm stuck in a state of needing to ask for help or start over. This happened on Weds Feb 4th, about an hour ago. It would be awesome if a Dev could somehow Revert it back to earlier tonight, or yesterday, or anything like that. Note: If it's possible to step-it-back to the moment before I went yellow, that's ideal, because I had added some other good text bits just in the hour before the yellow onslaught. If reverting is not possible I'll take advice, or sympathies. I'm going to wait til tomorrow before I start trying to fix each item manually one by one. Link for a Dev's use, <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/170266/ad" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/170266/ad</a>... Mac OS... Google Chrome browser. Please let me know anything else I can tell you to help sort this out.

Edited 1423107779
Gold
Forum Champion
screenshot.. 95% of the yellow was different colors before the instant this happened. And when I chose yellow, I didn't think I had any of that stuff selected, like those Rivers that got a Fill, or any of the Fonts that was variety of colors that's now all yellow (?) Questions would be... How to best approach fixing my colors back? Any end-around methods (like dev addressing some kind of revert) or just do my best going item-by-item by hand and remembering the old colors? Why did it happen? Techniques to avoid this in the future... I notice all the things that turned yellow are on the Map layer. Maybe I should have been preparing to draw my new line on Token lair & then MOVE the completed line to Map layer rather than risking clicking a line-tool-color while on the Map Layer (?)
Yikes! Gold, buddy... I feel for ya. I know what it's like to make one tiny mistake that screws everything up! It looks like you had a whole bunch of stuff selected (obviously not intentionally, maybe an accidental Ctrl-A?) when you hit the color-change. 1. I can't imagine any way to get this back aside from one-piece-at-a-time. Personally, I'd be likely to save what I could by moving it to another layer, and erasing the rest to Redo from Start . 2. GIGO. Someone, somewhere, made an error that made this possible. Not saying it was you; not saying it wasn't. But somewhere there's something that caused it... otherwise it wouldn't have happened. 3. The Transmogrifier is your friend. Keep a copy of everything in another campaign, and you'll always have one available. Alternately, I think the idea of moving things between layers could help a lot here, as well. -Phnord, who's made worse mistakes but still doesn't envy you having to fix this one!
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Gold, we can roll your campaign back to the 2nd. Is that what you want us to do?

Edited 1423167915
Gold
Forum Champion
Steve K. said: Gold, we can roll your campaign back to the 2nd. Is that what you want us to do? Yes, please, Steve if you can roll it back to Feb 2nd, that would help me, saving headache on my end. I appreciate your time offered to look into this and make that roll-back. @Phnord, 100% right, and thanks for your reply, ideas and advice. #2 you're absolutely right, there must have been some reason or "clicking" on my part that caused this. One guess is maybe I hit "Control-A" (Select All) when I thought I was in a text box, because that's something I do instinctively on text boxes when I want to type over all the words (spent a lot of job time as an Editor). Then maybe I was zoomed-in so far that I didn't realize a bunch of things outside my viewport had been selected.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I love happy endings... as I quickly backup my campaign with the transmogrifier
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Gold, your campaign should be rolled back to the 2nd.
Gold
Forum Champion
Thanks Roll20. It worked, as expected (losing some small things we had written after the rollback point, but repairing the main map of it's Yellow Curse which is the important thing). This is "Resolved".
No problem!