Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Prevent players from messing things up

Well currently the players are able to use the draw tools to draw stuff on the map. It was hilarious at first but now it's getting annoying. How do I prevent them from using the draw tools?
1368460830
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
kick them from the game if they don't respond to you telling them to stop. that or just put them on blank page and mute their mic till they are willing to listen and obey your request.
sounds like a plan ;)  after all, rule #0 eh?
How can you tell which player it is?
1368564259
Gauss
Forum Champion
Interesting point Answulf. Assuming they change their art color to not match their native color there would be no way to tell. Looks like a situation of one player spoiling things for everyone. :( Hmmm, perhaps the API can tell who is writing what.  - Gauss
Would be nice to see it as a permission that could be toggled, if that is possible...
1368572026
Konrad J.
Pro
API Scripter
Gauss said: Interesting point Answulf. Assuming they change their art color to not match their native color there would be no way to tell. Looks like a situation of one player spoiling things for everyone. :( Hmmm, perhaps the API can tell who is writing what.  - Gauss The path object does have information on who created it.  I could write something.  But I don't think the API fires an event when an object is created, just changed?  If we could figure out when something is created and then output the name to the chat window it would be good.  I'll look into it a bit when I get a chance.
We're all on Skype, and the one who's sniggering the most is the one who's messing around. 
1368604278
Konrad J.
Pro
API Scripter
Konrad J. said: Gauss said: Interesting point Answulf. Assuming they change their art color to not match their native color there would be no way to tell. Looks like a situation of one player spoiling things for everyone. :( Hmmm, perhaps the API can tell who is writing what.  - Gauss The path object does have information on who created it.  I could write something.  But I don't think the API fires an event when an object is created, just changed?  If we could figure out when something is created and then output the name to the chat window it would be good.  I'll look into it a bit when I get a chance. Doh, I missed it, we do have an event when objects are created!  I know my next script to write.  Object Creation Log script.  Whenever someone creates an object (other than the GM) it will log to the chat window (maybe whisper it to the GM?).  Should be easy.  Probably won't get to it until the weekend though!
Could you integrate it into the game?   "An unknown symbol appears from the heavens blocking everyone view."  All players get -5 to attack roles until the symbol is lifted. It's tricky as it depends on the group you are running.   If all players Are enjoying messing around then you may want to just go with it or give them enough time at the start to get the silliness out of their systems.   Or, if everyone else is annoyed your better of getting the rest of the players involved as well rather than being the DM bad guy.
That's a pretty good idea! I'd like to see them hit those orcs with a whacking big dick on the map. 
1368803631
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
have all their weapons turn into what they are drawing or look into turning it into a toon session and everything they draw becomes part of the cartoon (think wiley coyote and the road runner type of cartoon or a bugs bunny and elmer fudd type)