Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Looking for group running BareBones Fantasy

Hello, my name is John and I am looking for a group of about 4 players to play BareBones Fantasy with. &nbsp;I just discovered this system and it will be my first time running it but have ran games for 20+ years. &nbsp;I am interested in mature players, you must be at least 18 years old to play. &nbsp;Newbie players are fine. &nbsp;The world will be a home brew setting that I have been working on and as things come up in the game house rules will be added to conform to my play style and the setting. If you have not heard of BareBones Fantasy before it is a very rules lite game that gets out of the way and let's people roleplay. &nbsp;It is a roll under percentile system, using 4 ability scores and 8 class skill sets to accomplish most actions. &nbsp; Ideally I would like to play this game during the week Monday-Friday and during daytime hours central time zone. &nbsp;That will work out well for for stay at home parents and as an evening game for European players. &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; <a href="http://dwdstudios.com/barebones" rel="nofollow">http://dwdstudios.com/barebones</a> &nbsp; The official site for BareBones Fantasy <a href="http://www.rpg.net/reviews/archive/15/15808.phtml" rel="nofollow">http://www.rpg.net/reviews/archive/15/15808.phtml</a> &nbsp; Review of system on rpg.net
Hey, I'm definitely interested in playing. I am new to BareBones Fantasy, but I have been hoping to try it out for a while and have a copy of the rules. I'm 24 and in EST. Those times work for me as I'm a graduate student without much of a set schedule during the day.
Very cool, what days of the week work best for you? &nbsp;Looking to run it only once a week but trying to narrow down on what day that should be. &nbsp;I am thinking the time would be from 11am or 12noon central to about 4pm central. That way we can all wake up or get home for European players and then the game will be over by the time my children come home.
Awesome, any weekday would work.
I just came across this game the other day, and I would be interested in giving it a try. I would only be available at those times on Tuesdays , though.&nbsp; Al
Cool doing some work on the game still and want a couple more players but Tuesday is good.
Sounds good. I'll keep an eye on this thread for updates.&nbsp;
So how's everything coming along? Are we just waiting on players at this point? I'd love to hear more about the setting if possible.
Yeah I really want to kick things off soon, I was wanting a couple more players though. &nbsp;The setting is mostly typical fantasy fair with German and Celtic myths thrown in. I was going to ask you two my main objective is to run a rules lite fantasy game on Tuesdays during the day. &nbsp;With that said I like the idea of BBF as a system, but we might get more players if we used Savage Worlds, do either of you have a preference? As far as settings go for some information on what I would do if we stick with BBF here are two links to the forums over there where I talk about the house rules I plan on using and my homemade races for setting. House Rules Races of Ashralden If we use Savage Worlds instead to get more interest in game we can keep with home brew setting of Ashralden. &nbsp;But if people want I am happy to run Sundered Skies plot point campaign or Hellfrost setting, I have a ton of information on both and like both worlds.
If you don't mind a complete newb to pretty much all roleplaying games, I've been wanting to try joining a group on roll20 for a while now, and this game seems the simplest so far. Only thing is, I don't have a headset, if that's a problem.
Just using text has a completely different feel than voice participation but we might see how it works. &nbsp;If you have a built in microphone you can adjust the setting a bit to cut down on the feedback or wear headphones so others don't hear themselves over your speakers.
Awesome! On one hand I'd like to try out BBF, but on the other hand, I'm very familiar with Savage Worlds and have been looking for a game to join. I guess I'd prefer Savage Worlds because of that. As far as settings go, I would love to play Hellfrost or Sundered Skies. I was once planning to GM a Hellfrost campaign, so it would be easy for me to feel immersed in the world. And I've heard great things about Sundered Skies.
I am not familiar with Hellfrost or Sundered Skies, and haven't ever played Savage Worlds, but would be happy to do so in any of the three settings mentioned (including the homemade one). I'm still up for BBF, too, if that's decided on. &nbsp;So, yeah, I'm pretty flexible on these details. I have to admit that I'm intrigued by the prospect of a text only player in an otherwise voiced game. It seems like it wouldn't work very well, but who knows?
OK then we will try Hellfrost setting using Savage Worlds. &nbsp;Game will be next Tuesday May 28th 11:00 am - 4:00 pm central time. &nbsp;I will set up a campaign page and send out invites tonights. &nbsp;I will give you guys my skype info and will discuss on the campaign page character creation and such I can also provide pre-gens for those that would rather just pick one.