Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Combo Platter and Tasty Tidbits

Edited 1423184950
Russ H.
Marketplace Creator
Greetings everyone! In talking with some of the other artists/vendors, we wanted to create a forum for vendors and players to share combinations of an artist's sets, combinations across different artists, and maybe some tips and tidbits to share on things they've discovered they could do with Roll20's editor or otherwise. This is open to all. We've been having fun trying each other's work together to see how we can get more out of the marketplace purchases, and this seems like a great place to let everyone share ideas that maybe others have not thought of prior. Some may have seen some combinations in other threads, well here is another screenshot combining sets in Roll20's editor: A sample of a simple schematic using two or more sets available on the marketplace ! Using a new scroll edge from the upcoming Old World Style set 8: Lost Worlds, as well as an inset design element from that set (Thank ya Gabriel for that idea!), a couple elements from OWS: Chronicles and a Spanish galleon from Gabriel Pickard's Quick Encounters Ship Pack 2 , the Roll20 editor lets us quickly combine elements to create a kind of schematic with zoom in areas of interest. (NOTE: the two zoomed in areas were created outside and then uploaded into the library to use with the combo.) Thanks for reading and happy mapping! We look forward to seeing more artists' combinations!
PrincessFairy
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I thought this was a great Idea and I would like to share my packets with the rest of the community. Links to packets are here: <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/454/gm-t" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/454/gm-t</a>... <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/455/dung" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/455/dung</a>... <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/465/dungeon-and-caves" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/465/dungeon-and-caves</a> Rock on Artist of Roll20,
Rhyannon
Marketplace Creator
I was fiddling around today with Russ Hapke's Old World Style Maps , testing it out for the first time, and some elements of my up-coming Mayan Temple Set and this is what I came up with: I could definitely see a DM maxing assets like these to make some quick maps and even some detailed journal entries for Roll20.

Edited 1423278267
Russ H.
Marketplace Creator
That...is...AWESOME! This reminds me of an ancient oriental woodcut, Rhyannon. Beautiful. Ok, setting aside some money in the piggy bank for this months wish list purchases...mayan temple set on wish list...check! What did you make the sun motif in? Ok, now i gotta get my butt moving on somehow combining your coral dungeon, with one of Gabriel's ships and possibly one of my lesser known Scene Addition sets of plants...I'm thinking vines...
Rhyannon
Marketplace Creator
That one was vectored in Corel, it's a very popular sun motif found on the actual Mayan calendar. It works great here though since the rays are in line with the cardinal directions fitting in perfectly with maps.
Russ H.
Marketplace Creator
And Dragon, cool to promote, but now the challenge is given - use elements from your sets to create a scene. Let's see what your work involves and give potential players a chance to see how your stuff works together within sets.
Russ H.
Marketplace Creator
Rhyannon, with a very slight overlay of a muted red or orange tone, this would definitely look like a woodcut! I love the way you interpreted the elements and used negative space to trickle down the composition!

Edited 1423336394
Russ H.
Marketplace Creator
Here we go Rhyannon and Gabriel - A combo platter served with tiles, stairs and coral plant elements from Rhyannon's Coral Dungeon , Gabriels Quick Encounters Ship Pack 2 and background cave from Gabriel's Quick Encounters Underground 1 set; and we have new scroll background, mossy growth, vines and odd glowing plants from the upcoming Old World Style set 8: Lost Worlds from Russ Hapke , and of course - to wrap it nicely, some frames from OWS: Chronicles and adorned with more mossy vine growth from the upcoming set! I'm ecstatic how those line art style pieces go well with the elaborate detail in both Rhyannon's and Gabriel's work! The greenery makes the detail and colors from their work just 'pop'. Screenshot from the Roll20 map editor. To me..the ship came in on a very high tide, into a vast cavern, where two entrances to the coral dungeon are present. Separated by partial cave walls, the crew made a choice long ago to venture right...or left...what's the next scene? Who knows? The shadow knows! PS: This has been some phenomenal fun trying out new ways to work various art styles together! Hope ya like!
Gabriel P.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
You need to quit coming up with so many creative ideas or my contributions aren't going to look nearly as good Russ! The moss on your border pieces is really effective for me visually and the colors of Rhyannon's coral set really stand out beautifully.

Edited 1423407322
Russ H.
Marketplace Creator
The moss was a VERY happy, "hmmm I wonder...". Do ya realize the total visual arsenal created just by crossing over sets??? [droooool]. I cannot express the whole level of Squeeness! And now I pass the ball to you, kind sir. I think you need to combine some sets...I wanna see: What's to the left staircase, or what's the right staircase, orrrr what lurks inside the ship! Oo! and you have a nifty little inset piece now too if you two want to show off a trap or something! ;) And since we're also promoting the Roll20 editor, it's gotta be done in that and take a screenshot. yes, I am now poking you away from creating more phenomenal artwork to use existing phenomenal artwork...or, if you want to unveil some sneak peaks for upcoming sets, include a few pieces from that as well for promoting new work. Again, this is open to all the artists and vendors. It would be great to see more combo platters and tasty tidbits!
Gabriel P.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I couldn't resist a quick, if somewhat obvious, puzzle trap using a couple of pieces from my new spell pack , along with elements from a couple of Russ's wonderful sets. I think the combination of the illustrative style along with the more menacing look of my spell pack creates a nice threatening feel to it and it all goes together in no time at all.
Russ H.
Marketplace Creator
I didn't even think of a spell trap or actual spell scroll! hahahaha - very nice job indeed Gabriel!
Russ H.
Marketplace Creator
A little bit of down time this week meant playing with some combos. First up, Creating an example of Set 9, The Polar Regions from Old World Style , then using the inset element piece from OWS, Set8 . In the inset is the Giant Sword Cave from Joshua Kurz's Ice Caves set , and tokens from Rhyannon's Coral Dungeon set, Frozen Caves set, and Gabriel Pickards Quick Encounters Wild Woods 1 set . Nex up, something old, something new. The map base is from Russ H.'s It all started in a small town map set , while the spider webs and bone piles are from Rhyannon's new Frozen Caves set. Why did everyone in the small town disappear? Well, they didn't...they done got 'et.

Edited 1427663417
Russ H.
Marketplace Creator
Created a scene in a map editor this weekend. I've been chomping at the bit to design another town to show off Paul Ooshun's Dungeon Buddies: Villagers set . For some reason, the goat herder is paying a visit to the apothecary. The actual map is made using elements from almost all of the Old World Style sets ; and unfortunately, is too freakishly huge to show here - of a monastery atop a mountain and village along winding paths below. At least there's this snippet. lol
Gold
Forum Champion
Nice demos of how to combine Marketplace sets. Thanks for sharing these screenshots.