Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

4096-sided and 8192-sided dice always come up as 1

Earlier and later numbers in the series of numbers these belong to seem to work fine but these to values always come up as 1.
Hmmm...that's odd. Just out of sheer curiosity, what system are you rolling a 4096-sided dice in?
I confirm this. That's just... weird. I thought r20 was supposed to have a near fully random number generated but this could explain why some people conistently roll very low while others roll very high, a flaw in the RNG.
Actually I was just testing the site out as our D&D group has recently moved apart and we were looking to get our campaign back going online. I figured I'd see if I could roll any number sides of dice and 4096 just happened to be the number that I tried out. (As a programmer I like powers of 2) So yeah, kind of just sheer happenstance more than anything.
Try rolling d2048. More than half the time the roll will just be a 1. I'm curious what other numbers show these skewed trends