Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pathfinder - Exploratory Campaign - Looking for players

Getting myself up to speed with the Pathfinder books and system changes in general. Eventually planning on getting a longer running campaign going as well using roll20. However, right now I'm looking to get a group of 2 to 3 players going for a short commitment of 3 to 4 play sessions. If the group gels and wants to keep going after the initial seasons I'm willing to consider extending. Campaign setting will primarily be focused on urban settings, with dungeon crawls, ships and the ability to impact events in my own home brew campaign world. Logistics; I'm available to GM most nights after 8 PM Eastern time (GMT-5/-4). Would like to keep sessions to 2 to 3 hours. Time permitting I'm willing to work non-interactive campaign details via email on the side (character/story development, etc). You need access to the Pathfinder core rules Core races and classes Aquatic environments and ship mechanics (adapted for pathfinder) will be used Brief World Setting Overview; The world of Atlica, changed forever by the great flooding of waters. Empires literally washed away, old dungeons and cities flooded, massive population destruction and survival. Rebuild, reclaim and rediscover the world around you. Much of the world is unknown to the majority of the surviving populace. Character's in this particular story arc will be living in one of three major cities; Moorland Downs, Ashmarsh or Driftwater, which are the three massive trading hubs in the Arcor archipelago, which is surrounded on all short lines by the Ocean of Egana. Five hundred years have passed since the great floods occurred. New cities and some cities that survived as shadows of their former size occupy the lands of what used to be high mountains or steeps before the water rose. Exploration, salvage and trade are topics and activities on most peoples mind. The kings and warlords of prior times are but vague memories lingering in old bardic stories. Pieces of the past history are slowly being reassembled by various groups and factions as they are discovered. Character building requirements; level 1 max hit die 4d6 drop the lowest standard gold Please provide a background story of your characters family (depending on race several generations have existed since the great flooding) and a bit about how they exist in the world. If you want to make reference to the world by naming a city leave it generic and I will fill those in. Please include details about what your character has been doing most recently for background purposes.
I've never Pathfindered before, but I have read the rules. If you'll hold my hand for a bit, sign me up.
I'm very open for new players as well. As stated if you have the core rules you should have what you need to play in hand. Feel free to roll up a character and work on some background material for your character as requested above.
I've been looking for a Pathfinder game, particularly one like this. Are you still recruiting? I am primarily available on Sundays, essentially all day, and I operate out of PST.
I've been looking for a Pathfinder game, particularly one like this. Are you still recruiting? I am primarily available on Sundays, essentially all day, and I operate out of PST. Yes, still in the recruitment phase of this game. Sunday's 8 PM to 11 PM Eastern is probably my most consistent time that I'm available and should over lap well with yours. Feel free to roll up a character and submit the background information as requested.
I DM a pathfinder game here on roll 20 but would like to play a bit too! If you have a spot I would love to play!
I've been looking into Pathfinder, having played a bit of 4e, but it seems like something that I would need to play to learn. If you don't mind having a player that is new to Pathfinder I'd be interested in joining the group.
I'm rolling up a ranger now. I will have it to you shortly!
Rolling a monk, hopefully will finish and have submitted before I have to go to work today. Otherwise it'll come by tonight or tomorrow morning. If it is necessary for me to change class / race to fit a party dynamic, I'm okay with that.
If you want I can send you a Email with a PDF of my character sheet Findenos Earfalas (Fin for short) is a elven ranger from (campaign city). There he works as a Hunter/Salvager to support his family. As he is coming of age to start his own family he yearns for more! Adventure and fortune ( and a little fame wouldn't hurt). His thirst for Adventure pushes him out from (City) and into the unknown.
Your world sounds really interesting and well-developed; it's a concept I haven't seen done before. However, I'd highly recommend switching to a point-buy system for attribute generation. Also, what is "standard" starting gold? Rolled? Maximum? Average (as the books suggest)? When you say the game will include aquatic environments, do you mean that the majority of the game will take place on or under water? Should rangers and druids be picking sharks, casters memorizing underwater breathing, etc? My last question is in regard to the age group of players you have so far. I might sound like a jerk here, but I'm not interested if this is a bunch of 15-year-old kids who are going to waste several hours of my night with Pokemon jokes, arguing over rules, or abandoning the game when their mother calls them to dinner. In fact, that would probably be a good thing to specify/require when you put out a call for players: age range (a good place to start would be letting us know yours).
I've been looking into Pathfinder, having played a bit of 4e, but it seems like something that I would need to play to learn. If you don't mind having a player that is new to Pathfinder I'd be interested in joining the group. Welcome to join, just make sure you have access to the core rules.
I do have access to the core rulebook but I might need some help creating a character. I think I'm going to make a Rogue. I should be able to send you the sheet soon-ish if you don't mind taking a look at it for me.
Your world sounds really interesting and well-developed; it's a concept I haven't seen done before. However, I'd highly recommend switching to a point-buy system for attribute generation. Also, what is "standard" starting gold? Rolled? Maximum? Average (as the books suggest)? I've tried to make my world stand out while not being so far out that it's hard to grasp. I'm OK with people doing point buys; however, 4d6 drop the lowest and assigning is also OK. I think both ways result in good rounded stats and at the end of the day to me as a GM does not make that much of a difference. In terms of gold, average would be what my intentions were for gold. When you say the game will include aquatic environments, do you mean that the majority of the game will take place on or under water? Should rangers and druids be picking sharks, casters memorizing underwater breathing, etc? Portions of the world have been flooded and story arc's as they further develop may involve underwater. However, the majority will most likely involve day to day interactions with water that a normal coastal or island inhabitant might expect. Underwater breathing via magical or maybe mechanical means would probably be useful. My last question is in regard to the age group of players you have so far. I might sound like a jerk here, but I'm not interested if this is a bunch of 15-year-old kids who are going to waste several hours of my night with Pokemon jokes, arguing over rules, or abandoning the game when their mother calls them to dinner. In fact, that would probably be a good thing to specify/require when you put out a call for players: age range (a good place to start would be letting us know yours). General maturity and being able to game for the agreed upon sessions is something I'm looking for. If you are 15 and know that is not a problem for you, feel free to join. If you are 30 and still immature little twit feel free not to join.
I do have access to the core rulebook but I might need some help creating a character. I think I'm going to make a Rogue. I should be able to send you the sheet soon-ish if you don't mind taking a look at it for me. Right up the background and a summary of the type of character you want to play and add it to the thread. I'll be working on some brief back story to bring your characters together as a party in a meaningful way and setting in the world. Then work on the mechanics of your actual character and send over the initial sheet. Attach them to the thread or give me a link to any of the great online character sheet databases.
If you want I can send you a Email with a PDF of my character sheet Findenos Earfalas (Fin for short) is a elven ranger from (campaign city). There he works as a Hunter/Salvager to support his family. As he is coming of age to start his own family he yearns for more! Adventure and fortune ( and a little fame wouldn't hurt). His thirst for Adventure pushes him out from (City) and into the unknown. Great! If you can attach the PDF to the forum thread.
Rolling a monk, hopefully will finish and have submitted before I have to go to work today. Otherwise it'll come by tonight or tomorrow morning. If it is necessary for me to change class / race to fit a party dynamic, I'm okay with that. Play what interests you. If you find the party may be missing something and you feel you can fill that roll and enjoy doing it, then feel free to change. I do my best to adapt my encounter mechanics to fit player group and augment as required with NPC's.
If you are 15 and know that is not a problem for you, feel free to join. If you are 30 and still immature little twit feel free not to join. Thank you for the prompt response. Good luck with your game.
If you want I can send you a Email with a PDF of my character sheet Findenos Earfalas (Fin for short) is a elven ranger from (campaign city). There he works as a Hunter/Salvager to support his family. As he is coming of age to start his own family he yearns for more! Adventure and fortune ( and a little fame wouldn't hurt). His thirst for Adventure pushes him out from (City) and into the unknown. Heres my character sheet
Already submitted via site messaging system, but here's the monk... Marto Hurisan is a member of the Jahn Hurisan - an order of monks that live on the remote and scarcely populated Smoke Coast, which gains its name from its early dusks and thick fog. Today, the Hurisan are a disciplined monastic order that sends out their apprentices to train abroad, instructed to follow the "wind, waves, and earth" until their path either brings them home or brings them wisdom. Their style is one that emulates the elements - swift and flowing. Jahn Hurisan are trained as retainers, bodyguards, and servants in their monastery, and frequently offer their services as housekeepers in order to pay for room and board. They are morally impartial, observing the hardship of others as "shifts in the seasons" and accepting such things as the facts of life. Even so, an individual Jahn Hurisan is free to make any choice he wishes, be it compassionate or cruel, just so long as it does not upset the natural order or create a diplomatic incident for the Hurisan elders. (I have a little more in depth stuff on the Jahn Hurisan, like their doctrine and tenets, but I won't bog down the thread with that stuff.) <a href="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiuCftEsvmEYdFJhWnNDSldqeWxmRHhCdWlGOGhhLWc" rel="nofollow">https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiuCftEsvmEYdFJhWnNDSldqeWxmRHhCdWlGOGhhLWc</a>
Findenos Earfalas and Marto Hurisan charachter concepts both will work in the world. Both characters accepted for the the campaign.
Varen Stormseeker is an Elven Rogue and Merchant living in Driftwater. He came to be a merchant as a sort of cover for his roguish tendencies. Over the course of the many years he has been alive he has developed a knack for talking others into deals that favor him. Varen had pawned many items that did not belong to him and has developed a knack for selling to other people. Once his business as a merchant started to grow he decided it would be a good idea to do his best to keep the two parts of his life separate to avoid any unwanted attention. Despite this there has been times where he has employed his thievery skills to procure items from their unknowing owners when there is a significant profit to be made. Is there anything else I can add or need to add to this? I will add the PDF I drew up though I don't know how I did with it.
I'm a little late to the party, but you wouldn't happen to have room for another player would you?
Done! Ichth Olo, or Trout, as he calls himself, is a human (aquatic bloodline) sorcerer hailing from [City]. He never met either of his parents, and is blissfully unaware that one of them, or perhaps one of his grandparents, was a Deep One. He was raised by his widowed aunt, and loves her dearly. He never questioned his sorcerous talents-- merely put them to use. As a party clown. After a long two years of performing cantrips and making awful jokes, he began to wonder if there was anything more to life, as people are wont to do when they have to perform for children. His innate talents had grown more robust with practice, and the man figured he ought to try something else. That something else is: [conveniently blank for backstory weaving.] He is a couple inches over 5 feet tall, has a thin head, and large, nearly bulbous eyes. Also, dude smells like a fish.
I'm a little late to the party, but you wouldn't happen to have room for another player would you? Jason, feel free to roll up a character and provide background.
Zalithus Winterstar Born between sea creatures near [City], Zalithus have only seen the world from the eyes of underwater creatures. Trained by druids and raised in their ways he learned to respect and fear the great sea, for it may seem peaceful and beautiful one day, and the next she may devour those unlucky people traveling upon her. His profession? He earned his living as a guide between towns and cities located near the place he lived. All these until his training was fulfilled when, along with his old friend, Galuh, a crocodile. Zalithus found Galuh injured by an older crocodile some years ago while coming back from a transportation of humans to a more swampy land. Since then they traveled together sharing a strong bond and Galuh helping and protecting Zalithus in his quest to explore the lands. What Zalithus has to remind him of his homeland was the first gift that creatures gave him there. It was a small shell crafted as a necklace. The druids there told him that if this was destroyed then Zalithus will have forgotten about the sea, as he would have passed too much time outside of water resulting to it's dehydration. The pdf with my character coming shortly.
George, sounds great to me! Once I get Jason character concept I'll finish off the introduction aspects of the game, which we will use during the first play session.
Group is closed for now. Players who asked to join or submitted character concepts during the discussion thread or via private message will be included. If you missed out and are interested I will entertain the idea of a waiting list to fill spots if people no show for the actual play sessions.
I made it!
Adrian Blue - Human Fighter Adrian was born in the slums of Driftwater and was the only son of a poor blacksmith named Alphonse Blue. Adrian never knew his mother, who passed away while giving birth to him. For the larger part of his childhood Adrian roamed the streets of Driftwater with a group of small-time thugs. Together they committed countless petty crimes, sometimes out of necessity, sometimes for nothing more than the simple rush that comes with rule-breaking. Word of Adrian's fighting prowess eventually spread and larger, more dangerous gangs began requesting his services. Adrian ended up getting mixed up in some convoluted scheme to smuggle a shipment of illegal narcotics into Driftwater. The plan wasn't very well thought out and, needless to say, it failed miserably. Adrian, along with the rest of his group, was apprehended by the local law enforcement and was en route to the local jail when he managed to slay his captors and escape the city. More than anything, Adrian wishes to be reunited with his father, but he fears that may never happen. I created my character to the best of my ability, but please let me know if I failed to do something properly.
Thanks for the update guys!