Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Whisperings with tokens...

Question: If I whisper to a character named 'Kane', How does Roll20 connect that name with the player that controls the character 'Kane'? The first entry in who can edit a character on a character journal entry a token is pulled from? ------- I'll be perfectly honest. Hc Svnt Dracones doesn't have a character sheet. It has a character sheet sharing app on the way, but it's not here yet. I'm trying to cleanup a macro that effectively does a end-run around not-having a character sheet. In HSD things like hitpoints are not a flat stand-alone stat. They are (one stat + a second stat) * 10. (They're also not what I've made a macro to calculate.) The macro I want to make is one that puts sections of these stats at the player's fingertips without having to fill the chat log up for everyone.
It whispers every player that has control of the token I believe.
Thank you HoneyBadger. :)
You can use this to simulate language, BTW. If you make a character sheet named elvish or klingon or what ever and give control of the sheet to all who speak that language, whispers go to all. I use a macro to facilitate this: /w Elvish ?{Say Something|"blah,blah"} /em @{selected|token_name} is babbling in Elvish Non speakers get the second line only, and speakers get the message.
Now that is a very creative trick, and gives me a few ideas to explore for routing information. Thank you.
al e. said: You can use this to simulate language, BTW. If you make a character sheet named elvish or klingon or what ever and give control of the sheet to all who speak that language, whispers go to all. I use a macro to facilitate this: /w Elvish ?{Say Something|"blah,blah"} /em @{selected|token_name} is babbling in Elvish Non speakers get the second line only, and speakers get the message. +1000 interwebs for you my good sir! PS jacking your idea shamelessly!
I love that language idea. Thanks!