Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How to use the transmogrifier?

So I finaly bit the bullet and became a mentor today, but I cant figure out how to use the transmogrifiyer to copy a page from the game it's in to the one where I need it: can anyone help?
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
<a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Transmogrifier" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Transmogrifier</a> The easiest way to use it that I found out is to create the campaign then go inside it. You click on your settings tab and scroll down to the transmogrifier button then click on it. This will open a popup menu that gives you two drop down menus on the top. The one on the left is the source campaign (that is the one you will drag from), the one on the right is your target campaign (that is where you will drag to). After choosing your campaigns, start dragging and dropping you components you want to move about. Now I use source and target loosely because you can drag back and forth between the two chosen campaigns. In fact you can drag and drop then switch one campaign to another and do the same from it. The transmogifier allows you to swap stuff around almost on the fly. Play around with it and have fun.
Pat hit it right on the head. I've never been able to "copy" a sheet inside of its' own campaign. But what I have done is created a new game which I use just to build everything in for the other games. That way you're not cluttering up your active/running game with unfinished maps, projects, half written handouts, etc. And another benefit is you can do your work without having players dropping in and seeing what you are doing. (Yes, you can have the players on another sheet but sometimes it is imperative you go in as a player to see how a map looks. And that means the player marker has to be on that sheet so...) The Transmogrifier has always worked fine for me to move things back and forth between multiple games. I'm also in a habit of having several terrain or unfinished maps laying around for those unexpected turns in a plot where you existing maps just don't work well. Good luck.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Erich S. said: (Yes, you can have the players on another sheet but sometimes it is imperative you go in as a player to see how a map looks. And that means the player marker has to be on that sheet so...) Workaround for people who want to do their work in the 'live' campaign: put the 'Player' ribbon on your 'between sessions' map. Drag yourself from the 'playerbar' at the bottom of the screen to the map you're working on. You've now split the party, and everyone else will stay on the other map :&gt;