Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Cancelling Dice

I've been playing End of the World: Zombie Apocalypse lately. In trying to adapt it to R20, it's not hard at all. I am more interested in streamlining the process of the roll mechanic where you roll a Positive and Negative pool of dice, and any dice of one pool that matches the number on a die in the other pool cancel each other out. Per example: P: 6, 3, 2, 4 N: 3, 5, 1 The two 3s cancel, and everything else remains. Then you count up the leftover Negative dice, and check how many of the Positive dice came in under your target number. Now, I know the API could certainly do this, but I have no programming knowledge. Is there any other way for a macro or something to perform the same sort of function? I'm checking an avenue I could handle myself before I start asking for our API community to spend time on it.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
No, the normal dice syntax cannot handle something like this.
Fast and succinct. Perfect! Thank you. Off to bother the API crowd!