Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Be able to Restrict Movement without blocking dynamic lights

So I know you can make it so lines added to the dynamic light layer will restrict movement but what if I want to say create a force cage to prevent token movement that does not hinder or block the light? This suggestion is to be able to toggle the lines added to the light layer to NOT block light. If this is already possible I apologize up front.
+1 If it is already possible I'm fully willing to admit I'm stupid if someone can tell me how to do it...
It is only possible to get the effect with an API script at the moment. It would be pretty nice to have more control over what does what.
This would be a really great thing, and it shouldn't really be hard to make.
I have thought some more about it, and was wondering if anyone else thinks it might make more sense to have the movement restriction lines be on their own layer? My reasoning is that if they got their own layer, it would be easier to add more functionality to both systems. I had previously proposed a set of special objects for the lighting layer that would all do different things, if the movement and light layers were different, you could also have something similar for movement.(or maybe it wouldn't need to be split up, I really don't know) For example, lines that indicate rough terrain for the squares they pass through? Then if you drag the measure tool across the square that square counts as double? Although I suppose you would need the actual distance as well for ranged actions... Just thought I would throw this out there.
Having a special layer where you can put down lines that do special things like restrict movement might be cool. Not sure what those other things might be. I leave it to the devs to decide how much time and effort to put into this. If I can get restrict movement without blocking line of sight I don't care too much how they wish to implement it.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Agreed - please vote here <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1994487/slug%7D" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1994487/slug%7D</a> (seems to be the thread with the most votes already at the moment!)
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .